This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Duke Nukem Producer Closes Doors

edited May 2009 in Everything Else
Well, it seems Duke Nukem Forever will truly never come out.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23518

Comments

• It's finally over.

Or is it?
  • No, because Duke Nukem Forever is FOREVER.
  • I would presume the franchise could always be sold off to a interested buyer. Maybe this is what's needed to get the game to actually be released. At the very least they should open source what they have and release it to the internets.
  • Take Two said to Joystiq that "The Duke Nukem trilogy is going to come out as planned", or something to that effect. So, say no goodbyes to DNF quite yet.
  • edited May 2009
    Take Two said to Joystiq that "The Duke Nukem trilogy is going to come out as planned", or something to that effect. So, say no goodbyes to DNF quite yet.
    Isn't the Duke Nukem Trilogy for the DS? It's not DNF.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Oh, you're right. I didn't even realize.

However, Take Two is retaining the rights to publish DNF. So, there's hope yet.
  • It will live "forever" in my heart :D
  • The Jace Hall Show has rare gameplay footage of an unfinished DNF beta from before 3D Realms shut down.

http://jacehall.tv/2009/06/11/the-jace-hall-show-season-2-season-finale-duke-nukem-forever-and-star-trek-reuinion

Skip to 7:37 for the good stuff.
  • Relevant.
    Oh, Yahtzee, you troll you.
  • I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post that when I saw this thread go up. XD
  • May 3rd the world ends.
  • It's fucking perfect. It is exactly what it should be - It's Duke. It's 200% Duke. It's more duke than he of wellington, york, the thin white, and the great duke himself put together.
  • Thank you, Gearbox.
  • I'm pre-ordering that bitch the MOMENT it hits steam.
  • THAT IS AWESOME
  • Look at that list of mature content. Just look at it.
  • That trailer promises something that is over the top, totally ridiculous and probably offensive. Just the thing I want.
  • I will buy that even if the reviews are awful. I'm hoping each level plays like an old school shooter or Metroid Prime 1, though--huge, open, mazelike maps with access mitigated by hidden keys with plenty of secrets. I have faith in Gearbox.
  • For some reason, after watching the trailer I started thinking . What if Edgar Wright directed the movie? :P
  • It's finally over.

Or is it?
    It wasn't.
  • Look at that list of mature content. Just look at it.
    A thing of beauty it is...
  • For some reason, after watching the trailer I started thinking . What if Edgar Wright directed the movie? :P
    I say Sam Raimi in the mindset he had while making Army of Darkness.