This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Old Xbox

edited May 2009 in Everything Else
FRC,

I was cleaning up my basement when I found my old xbox. I was wondering if anyone on here knew if I can do anything with it. Like what kind of hacks there are, what I can salvage etc.

Comments

• You can swap out the hard drive for a bigger one and install Xbox media center.
  • I'm not that into videogames at all, but I was just thinking about buying an original XBox. $30 or so for the console and $5 or so for a ton of good (used) games is hard to pass up. The problem is that I've got enough competing for my time without throwing videogames into the mix. It's tempting, though.
  • Mod it so you can play Metal Wolf Chaos.
  • I'm not that into videogames at all, but I was just thinking about buying an original XBox. $30 or so for the console and $5 or so for a ton of good (used) games is hard to pass up. The problem is that I've got enough competing for my time without throwing videogames into the mix. It's tempting, though.
    If you're gonna buy an old console since it's cheap, the library is big, and the games are cheap, go with PS2 for sure. Bigger library and better games, for sure. Plus all the PS1 backwards compatibility.

As for the original xbox, I know you can hack it to put roms on it (I've seen 'em running NES for sure, probably can do a lot more). Just google around for the exact hacks. Though the few hacks I've seen make it look like a bigger pain in the ass than what you'll get out of it.
    Also, setting it up as a media center isn't a bad option, either.
  • Mod it so you can play Metal Wolf Chaos.
    This. On that note, a machine should be made and released to the world that only plays Metal Wolf Chaos. It'd outsell the DS and Wii combined! And we won't forget the mind controlling chips, of course not. Kukukukukuku.
  • The market for that would be pretty much just Gerald and you two.
    Are you insane?! You must not have seen the youtube video. Thanks for the compliment though.
  • Metal Wolf Chaos: Proof that Gurren-Lagann is only the second manliest thing ever, tops.
  • I'd venture a guess that the amount of people who have played MWC outside Japan has increased an order of magnitude since AWO talked about it (from about two to about ten or so).
    You kidding? I'd buy like six of those consoles. Seven. And I'd turn 3 of them into bar cabinets for MWC.