This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A christian and Atheist discussion podcast and forum

edited May 2009 in Everything Else
A christian and an atheist

I really enjoy this podcast, it isn't about so much debating the topics as exploring each others world views and seeing where they agree and disagree. The forums also have plenty of religious debate they do not close (unless you start personally attacking). If you want to have a religious discussion with a wide variety of belief's (though mostly atheists) go there.

Comments

• I listened to that podcast for a while a couple years ago. It's pretty good. Those guys are so polite to each other. I think they're Canadian or something. I'm gonna resubscribe right now -- thanks for the reminder!
  • Coolio. Thanks for pointing out. I assume our recently closed topic has inspired this ever-so-slightly. I will subscribe and listen sometime. Thanks.
  • . I assume our recently closed topic has inspired this ever-so-slightly.
    Well I like to talk about religion with religious people (instead of an atheist circle jerk all the time), so I figured you'd have better luck with discussions there.
  • Well I like to talk about religion with religious people (instead of an atheist circle jerk all the time), so I figured you'd have better luck with discussions there.
    Quite often, After the service, I'll head down to the local catholic church, hang out with the father and smoke our pipes. Sometimes, we discuss religion, most often, we just natter away like washerwomen.
  • I might check it out later. I regularly listen to The Atheist Experience and The Non Prophets. The former is a weekly public access call-in TV show but they put out the show as a podcast on iTunes as well. The later is a biweekly podcast a bit more geared to atheist listeners. Both are sponsored by the Atheist Community of Austin.
  • The Atheist ExperienceandThe Non Prophets.
    Seconded!
  • I just stumbled on The God FAQ. It's helpful in answering a lot of these questions.
  • Just a FYI, for all you religion debaters who get your thread shut down even though you are enjoying the fruitless conversation.
  • I just stumbled onThe God FAQ. It's helpful in answering a lot of these questions.
    That's a nice, well reasoned FAQ that answers just about every god question ever.
  • I assume our recently closed topic has inspired this ever-so-slightly. I will subscribe and listen sometime. Thanks.
    Apparently it did much good.
  • I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be a majority of non-believers in these forums. It's quite sad actually, not that I'm in any position to judge you. You see I used to be an atheist, but then one day while walking on the beach I found a watch just sitting in the sand with no owner in sight. Imagine that, a complex timing mechanism amongst a backdrop of nature's glory. I began to think that this watch did not just come into existence; it didn't fall together by some random chain of events. No, this watch was designed. Everything fell into place for me in that moment of clarity. It wasn't long thereafter that I began my journey to accept this celestial designer, who's name I later learned to be Casio.
  • I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be a majority of non-believers in these forums. It's quite sad actually, not that I'm in any position to judge you. You see I used to be an atheist, but then one day while walking on the beach I found a watch just sitting in the sand with no owner in sight. Imagine that, a complex timing mechanism amongst a backdrop of nature's glory. I began to think that this watch did not just come into existence; it didn't fall together by some random chain of events. No, this watch wasdesigned. Everything fell into place for me in that moment of clarity. It wasn't long thereafter that I began my journey to accept this celestial designer, who's name I later learned to be Casio.
  • edited July 2009
    You see I used to be an atheist, but then one day while walking on the beach I found a watch just sitting in the sand with no owner in sight. Imagine that, a complex timing mechanism amongst a backdrop of nature's glory. I began to think that this watch did not just come into existence; it didn't fall together by some random chain of events. No, this watch wasdesigned.
    That's nothing. I was an atheistic scientist, but as I was walking in the woods one day, I saw a waterfall frozen into three streams, and it reminded me of the trinity. That's when I knew that God was real.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • My atheism is interfering with my god complex. It's quite annoying, really.
  • It wasn't long thereafter that I began my journey to accept this celestial designer, who's name I later learned to be Casio.
    I cracked up when I read this. Well played, sir.
  • I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be a majority of non-believers in these forums. It's quite sad actually, not that I'm in any position to judge you. You see I used to be an atheist, but then one day while walking on the beach I found a watch just sitting in the sand with no owner in sight. Imagine that, a complex timing mechanism amongst a backdrop of nature's glory. I began to think that this watch did not just come into existence; it didn't fall together by some random chain of events. No, this watch was designed. Everything fell into place for me in that moment of clarity. It wasn't long thereafter that I began my journey to accept this celestial designer, who's name I later learned to be Casio.
    What does god need with a wristwatch?
  • I couldn't help but notice that there seems to be a majority of non-believers in these forums. It's quite sad actually, not that I'm in any position to judge you. You see I used to be an atheist, but then one day while walking on the beach I found a watch just sitting in the sand with no owner in sight. Imagine that, a complex timing mechanism amongst a backdrop of nature's glory. I began to think that this watch did not just come into existence; it didn't fall together by some random chain of events. No, this watch wasdesigned. Everything fell into place for me in that moment of clarity. It wasn't long thereafter that I began my journey to accept this celestial designer, who's name I later learned to be Casio.
    What does god need with a wristwatch?
    It was a retirement gift.