This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Breasts!

edited May 2009 in Everything Else
It's not perverted. Let's talk about ladies breasts.

I think this Octopus Pie strip sums up my thoughts.

I like small pixie-ish breasts, but all sorts are nice!

Comments

• Breasts, chunks of mammary glands and fat.
  • They define our status as mammal.
    They are a bother when you are playing soccer.
    They hurt when they grow.
  • but all sorts are nice!
    I agree with this, with the stipulation that they're real. Implants just don't do anything for me.
  • I think implants are scary. They can cause health problems and they look painful!
    edited May 2009
    They hurt when they grow.
    How about sleeping on them?
    Implants just don't do anything for me.
    Agreed, they look off.

EDIT: Christ, I actually have one of the images.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Since science now allows alternatives to breast feeding, will the female breast gradually disappear as the human race evolves?
  • edited May 2009
    I think implants are scary. They can cause health problems and they look painful!
    They also look incredibly unnatural. Very unappealing.

Personally, I'm a fan of teh bewbs. I actually find overly large breasts to be less attractive than small/non-existent breasts. While large breasts (and its typical partner: gratuitous cleavage) tend to draw the eye first, I find myself looking towards other areas if they're too big. They tend to get all saggy and veiny at too large a size.

I don't get the obsession we have with restricting the nipple from sight. Christ people, it's a boob. Get over it. Your children are not going to be scarred forever because they saw a *nipple*.

EDIT: As for the question about the need for breasts disappearing, the key advantage of breastfeeding (other than psychology) is that breast milk is free. Formula is necessarily expensive because it needs to be fortified with immunoglobulins that are normally transmitted via breastfeeding. Even if we get it down to an affordable level, you can't compete with free.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Since science now allows alternatives to breast feeding, will the female breast gradually disappear as the human race evolves?
    They will in Japan. Everywhere else breasts still are a part in sexual selection.
  • They will in Japan. Everywhere else breasts still are a part in sexual selection.
    But the Japanese love breasts, just play a random episode of any shounen anime. I love the light joking atmosphere of this thread.
  • I motion we merge this thread with the "Photos" thread.

</sarcasmbeforeanyonegetsmad>
  • just play a random episode of any shounen anime.
    Only the case because it keeps anime marketable in the west. The REAL Japanese men don't care about the 3D, they go for flat.
  • edited May 2009
    Only the case because it keeps anime marketable in the west. The REAL Japanese men don't care about the 3D, they go for flat.
    My Japanese friends seemed to like the word "oppai" very much indeed.
    Post edited by flux on
  • I'm more of a leg/ass man, but of course the boobs will capture my attention fairly quickly (same as any heterosexual male). I don't really mind the size of them, but the most important thing is that they are perky. Saggy boobs, regardless of their size or other things (such as the nipple or veins), never look good to me =(
    I don't get the obsession we have with restricting the nipple from sight. Christ people, it's a boob. Get over it. Your children are not going to be scarred forever because they saw a *nipple*.
    I'm in England (which is almots as bad as the states when it comes to acknowledging sex even exists), but I travel to Spain, France and Portugal all the time where they're just... free and exposed. Not at the dinner table or anything, but on beaches there is no pretext that says women can't get topless. It's pretty odd for me, because it just sends me into over drive and as rude as staring is... can't be helped.

It is quite interesting how you can expose the entire boob, but as long as the nipple is covered it still isn't quite considered nudity. Something about the nipple puts it on the same level as the genitals, whereas the actual boob itself isn't that big of a deal to most people.
  • Something about the nipple puts it on the same level as the genitals
    It excretes liquid.
  • edited May 2009
    Best breasts:

Mamie van Doren
    Jane Russell
    Betty Page
    Donna Douglas
    Moonbeam McSwine
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited May 2009
    I can also attest that Japanese boyz II men are all about the boobs.

Personally, I don't see any reason why boobs should be covered up as our conditioned stigma against them is mostly, if not completely, arbitrary.

From a sex drive stand point, there are girls that look good with them and those who look good without, it's more a part of the whole thing and good boobs do need more than size.
    Oh, and no amount of good looks makes up for having a nasally and annoying voice.

Can people tell me unusual names and euphemisms for boobs from where they are: Fun-bags is one of my favorites, though used vary rarely.

@HungryJoe: Not any more.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    It excretes liquid.
    Breasts are suddenly no longer sexual objects to me.
  • Best type of breasts.

• edited May 2009
    @HungryJoe: Not any more.
    Moonbeam McSwine is a comic character. Her breasts will neve sag. Similarly, Turanga Leela and Lois Griffin both have some nice breasts.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
    I know, it's so weird! Why are girl nipples "naughty" and guy nipples always on parade?
  • edited May 2009
    Has someone made a Mass Effect reference yet?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I know, it's so weird! Why are girl nipples "naughty" and guy nipples always on parade?
    Who knows?

I had never actually thought about the issue of public female toplessness before now. The more I think about it, the dumber our social stigma against it seems. We should just take a deep breath and appreciate life; maybe even think about something other than our thirst for sex.

What if the boobies were made of pudding?
  • Why are girl nipples "naughty" and guy nipples always on parade?
    As I said, they excrete liquid, like your butt excretes poop. It's dirty! Oh noes and stuff.

BTW, males CAN breastfeed, though unlikely due to men being underdeveloped.
  • On that note, a picture of a Booby:

• I motion we merge this thread with the "Photos" thread.
    You got your wish :)
  • I've always been a fan of the term "sweater puppies." It combines my love of breasts with my love of puppies.
  • edited May 2009
    I have to say that most slang terms for breasts (including the aforementioned "fun-bags" and "sweater puppies") kinda make me cringe. I'll stick with breasts, boobs, or sometimes tits, if the context is appropriate.

As for public top-freedom, I'm for it. I guess most women would tend to exercise that right only for sunbathing and whatnot, though, right? I've always gotten the impression that when breasts are left to move about freely, it can actually be rather painful.

I always preferred somewhat smaller breasts. Coincidentally, all of the girls I dated had smaller breasts. Now that I'm with a woman whose breasts are a little on the big side, I find my tastes shifting. Still, though -- a nice shape is by far the most important thing.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited May 2009
    "Tig o bitties" is a term thrown around often with my crew.

I like nice medium breasts and if it suits a girl huge ones. Lets say B and C cups. I actually want this myself. After being stacked forever I'm trying to loose weight just to have a smaller chest. They get in the way ALL THE TIME!
    As for public top-freedom, I'm for it. I guess most women would tend to exercise that right only for sunbathing and whatnot, though, right? I've always gotten the impression that when breasts are left to move about freely, it can actually be rather painful.
    Damn straight!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • This thread makes me happy. (No, not in a sexual kind of way...)

I wish people were on this level of thinking about boobs when I was in middle/high school. I got picked on a lot, even by my female friends who were more "blessed" than I. I was always naturally super skinny though, and those stupid kids didn't seem to pick up on the fact that petite people generally don't have big boobs.