This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Modem going haywire: FRC Server Timeout

edited May 2009 in Everything Else
I am pretty sure this is just me. The FRC server won't respond sometimes from my Internet connection. The FRC servers are of course up and running as I am currently connected through a proxy. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my ISP or my modem.

Random servers will stop responding such as Google's thumbnail servers. While this is happening other servers will load just perfectly even if the site's on the same domain but on different IP address will load just fine.

In addition to these timeout problems, my modem seems to be dying on me. I have an ADSL connection going through the phone lines but my Internet Gateway keeps resetting to 0.0.0.0 and then the Internet no longer works. When this happens I have to reset the connection on the modem manually.

Anyone know what the problem might be?

Comments

• What's a mo... dem?
  • edited May 2009
    I think its one of those of box thingies that you plugged into the phone line. I can't remember what it was like, but I've been told I used one before and that it was very slow; about 56kbps. I must have repressed the memory.

Anyway, call your ISP and ask them to bring you a new modem. If that fixes it, mazel tov.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited May 2009
    What's a mo... dem?
    A cable modem isn't a modem, of course.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on