This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Google Wave

Comments

• They haven't sent them out yet from what I can tell, my sources say that they are sending the invitations at 16:00 GMT time,
    although my sources could be complete rubbish.
  • People who are expecting an invite, don't get too excited. Unless they also roll out a BIG code update, it's still not anywhere close to up to snuff.
  • People who are expecting an invite, don't get too excited. Unless they also roll out a BIG code update, it's still not anywhere close to up to snuff.
    True, dat. It does look like, when it's polished, it'll be pretty snazzy, though.
  • edited October 2009
    I got my account, I am planning to send one to Rym or Scott (then they can send it to each other or taunt one another with them) -Presuming they do not have one yet of course.
    So far its pretty good but seriously it's no fun unless you have someone to 'Wave' too.
    Post edited by Valkyrie on
  • Trying to get my hands on a Wave invite code. Got a Google Voice invite code that I'm using as a bargaining chip.
  • Wave is pretty fun so far. Who's gotten in, and what's your wave name? I'm nmalynn@googlewave.com
  • Just got in last night. Feel free to add me (urhereimnot@googlewave.com) to play around with it. On a related note, maybe Google Wave should be added to IDShare.
  • Trying to get my hands on a Wave invite code. Got a Google Voice invite code that I'm using as a bargaining chip.
    Judging by their relative values on eBay, that won't be much help. :)
  • To everyone who hasn't gotten on: Wave is pretty darn spiffy, but it feels so pre-alpha it's not funny. I'm in the Something Awful wave, and once a wave hits about 300 blips, everything crawls to a halt and nothing can really happen.
    Watching 4 people type out responses at once is headache inducing.
    Bots are wonky, and gadgets only kinda work.
    But it does feel like that video. Everything just FEELS awesome when you do it in a wave.
  • Nice to see Google using "Alpha" in the correct sense, they just need to get the hand of the word "Beta".
  • edited October 2009
    Also, Via YOSPOS, vote on which thing is easier to understand.
    Also, if you're in the current preview, post your Wave address here and I'll toss you into the FRCF wave I have started.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited October 2009
    I got an invite today: roshan (dot) sadanani (at) googlewave.com
    Post edited by Blattus on
  • One up!
    timo ruppell gmail com
  • I'm IN!
    sonicdh at googlewave dot com
  • Your Google Account has
    not yet been activated
    for Google Wave.
    Bastards.
  • I am lukeburrage at googlewave dot com.
  • Our nominal plan, in case anyone is interested, is to have a live wave for each episode of GeekNights. Eventually, we could combine this with some sort of Wave app to allow you to listen to the show while watching the original wave play out as it did during the show.
  • edited October 2009
    Everyone up to here (except for the one dood who posted a gmail address) has been added to the wave. Keep posting @googlewave.com addresses if you want in.

Also, to repeat a joke in the OB (original blip) that I stole from another forum: Google needs to release an identical product called Google Particle.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited October 2009
    Everyone up to here (except for the one dood who posted a gmail address) has been added to the wave. Keep posting @googlewave.com addresses if you want in.
    You know, it works with either @gmail.com or @googlewave.com, just ignore the "no user found..." message and click "add to contacts".

Edit: I just added you (and everyone else including the two dudes who posted gmail addresses) to my geeknights wave, so there :p.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Our nominal plan, in case anyone is interested, is to have a live wave for each episode of GeekNights. Eventually, we could combine this with some sort of Wave app to allow you to listen to the show while watching the original wave play out as it did during the show.
    That sounds really, really awesome.

I'm really digging Wave so far, even in the lame-o-rooski Javascript client that I'm endlessly bitching about. Even though the edges are still rough enough to sand down a deck, you can tell that the central idea is solid.
  • Bummer for me - I'm still waiting for my wave invite to show up. I'll post as soon as I'm able to get my foot in the door.
  • Also, to repeat a joke in the OB (original blip) that I stole from another forum: Google needs to release an identical product called Google Particle.
    I think Google should likewise announce that they are working on and simultaneously not working on a product called Google Superposition.
  • I think loading up a wave with almost 300 blips is the closest I've seen to a browser actually crying and giving up.

Also, this may be old hat for everyone, but seriously, USE CHROME FOR WAVE. It is a much, MUCH better experience.
  • edited October 2009
    Also, this may be old hat for everyone, but seriously, USE CHROME FOR WAVE. It is a much, MUCH better experience.
    I agree! Also, use Wave when Americans are sleeping, seriously, it's soo much better in the (European) morning.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I have heard that Google Gears makes Firefox use wave much better, too.
  • Just got invited onto it today: freddyjc@googlewave.com
  • I never got an invite and I even signed up too? What's the deal?
    From what I understand, they pick people whom they think will be good beta testers, not random people. I dunno.
    From what I understand, they pick people whom they think will be good beta testers, not random people. I dunno.
    How would they know the difference?
  • They're Google; they have their ways ^_~