This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Leaving for New York in 3 days

edited May 2009 in Everything Else
Yay, finally I'm leaving for New York on June 1st, for 14 days. I might have tried to do too much with my plans.

My planned highlights are the MoCCA Arts Festival and a workshop with Bre Pettis at NYC Resistor.
As for carrying stuff around I plan to buy a Messenger/Laptop bag right on my first day in New York, to carry my netbook and other stuff around, any recommendations for a specific store?

Comments

• edited May 2009
    Brooklyn Industries. I like my bullfrog bag.

edit: Oh wait, you want a specific bag. Dunno.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Brooklyn Industries. I like my bullfrog bag.

edit: Oh wait, you want a specific bag. Dunno.
    Not so much, just a nice looking bag, which can hold my 15' Macbook Pro and a bunch of other stuff. My current bag is just full when I put my laptop in. And I'm not that comfortable with carrying around stuff in a backpack in a foreign city.
  • edited June 2009
    I should be going to NY for a few days in the first week of July, but the ringleader of this trip might be getting a full time job in the near future, which will prevent us from going.
    :(

June 28th edit: My friend didn't get the job, we're going on Tuesday!
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • I just got back from NY. Going to Coney Island is highly recommended. I went on July 4th. I missed the hot dog eating contest, but it was still fun as hell.