This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090611 - Losing Things

edited June 2009 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights we talk about losing things, usually valuable personal items.

Comments

• That is the skimpiest episode description I have seen thus far. No news/topic links and no things of the day links.
  • Can't find the episode.
  • Please go back to posting things of the day and links, relevant to the topic. For me this was the main reason for using the front page.
  • Jesus people. The forum is not the web site. The forum is just for the discussion. We worked hard making the web site. Go to it.

Episode
  • What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
  • The main gripe I have is that the title has a typo. It's 6-11, not 5-11 today. The mp3 file has the correct name, though.
  • edited June 2009
    I heard Rym's comment about the fact that the Red Wings' win being a given and didn't think much of it, not knowing much about hockey. I'm just mildly interested in the Penguins and was shocked to hear them winning game 7. If a seven-game series in hockey is anything like that of basketball, it's a rarity when the away team wins the 7th game. The beauty of sports are moments like these, when the unexpected and unthinkable happens.

At least Rym's estimation wasn't as bad as those of the Lakers fans who rioted after the Lakers taking a 3-1 lead... a 3-1 lead, they haven't even won the series, although only 5% or so have lost after taking a 3-1 lead. Even though I'm a Lakers fans, I almost wish they lose just to teach those asses a lesson for rioting even before the series has been decided. It's stupid enough to riot after winning the championship.
    Post edited by CWiggum on
  • Losing Things. Like the Stanley Cup.
  • Losing Things. Like the Stanley Cup.
    Oh snaps!
  • That goddamn picture
    Whenever anyone asks what this forum is about now, we need to show them the "Flamewars" category, and this picture. That sums it up pretty nice.
  • Jesus people. The forum is not the web site. The forum is just for the discussion. We worked hard making the web site. Go to it.

Episode
    But why not put it directly on the main page? There is enough space and it saves you one mouse click.
  • I have a half dozen pairs of sunglasses that my mother in law bought for me from Marc's for $.88 each. I have owned Armani's, Calvin Klein's and Serengeti's, all lost. After you lose a pair of $400 sunglasses, drug store sunglasses are the way to go.
  • I lost a pair of prescription sunglasses to the Atlantic Ocean.
    Don't play games of chance with a large body of water.
  • I have a half dozen pairs of sunglasses that my mother in law bought for me from Marc's for $.88 each. I have owned Armani's, Calvin Klein's and Serengeti's, all lost. After you lose a pair of $400 sunglasses, drug store sunglasses are the way to go.
    What is Marc's and what do $.88 sunglasses look like?
  • Marc's is a discount store and supermarket chain that's big in Cleveland. The sunglasses are $8-$20 quality. Definitely worthwhile.
  • @ Thead: Issues of holding on to sunglasses aside, are $400.00 sunglasses worth the premium price in style, function, comfort, etc.?
  • edited June 2009
    I lost a pair of prescription sunglasses to the Atlantic Ocean.
    Don't play games of chance with a large body of water.
    Hear that, the Torres Straight beat my ass at poker last night.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited July 2009
    I am catching up with the episodes now and I have this to say:

Rym, I blame you now that the Penguins won and in every goddamn hockey forum I have to bear smug, retarded bandwagon Penguins fans whose only response to any sort of discussion is "WE WON TEH CUP!!!!1!".

At least I'm content that Pronger will make Crosby's life very very hard.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on