This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat - Friday 19th, All Welcome.

Comments

• It seems the chat has been going for 6 hours now.
    ECONOMOOOOOOOO!
    edited June 2009
    ECONOMOOOOOOOO!
    Induring"ECONOMOE".

Still going, come on in.
    Post edited by ... on
  • We're at 7.5 hours now.
  • We're playing 20Q now.
  • We made an audio drama. It's a Flash Gordon story. Hilarity ensued.

Linktastic.
  • You know what I just realized. Lions are FELINES. RAGE.
  • Shit, I crashed unrecoverably. Stupid English summer giving me 4 month long bout of jetlag.
  • edited June 2009
    We made an audio drama. It's a Flash Gordon story. Hilarity ensued.

Linktastic.
    Oh dear god Sonic, why did you post it!?!?
    Also, we didn't make it, we just read the lines (terribly).
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited June 2009
    My mom was home while I was on and could not grasp the idea of having internet friends. She now thinks that all of you are socially inept perverts (this idea probably based off of parents fear of chatrooms from the 90's) and now believes that I am so bad with people that I can't make friends "in real life." Boy, today is going to be fun.
    EDIT: She also thinks that Skype is an MMORPG and that I have secretly surscribed without her knowledge (she, thankfully, forbade me from playing any of those games when I was younger. Now I see thatthey are fundamentaly flawed and aren't worth the time.)
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Your Mom is one of the "special people", isn't she?
  • Your Mom is one of the "special people", isn't she?
    Oh yes, but at least she doesn't watch Oprah or any other daytime TV.
  • She now thinks that all of you are socially inept perverts
    I didn't know your mother had met me before....
  • We made an audio drama. It's a Flash Gordon story. Hilarity ensued.

Linktastic.
    Oh dear god Sonic, why did you post it!?!?
    Also, we didn't make it, we just read the lines (terribly).
    Muahahahaha
  • Damn, I totally forgot about this. But, I guess it was for a good cause. Girlfriend > GeekChat? I think so, no offense.
  • I implore every forumite to please get Skype and join in as a good time will be had by all.
  • Girlfriend > GeekChat? I think so, no offense.
    Lies!
    Lies!
    All Lies!!!
    Lies!
    All Lies!!!
    FILTHY, FILTHY LIES!
  • I must say I enjoyed it myself. Come Sunday morning when I see my boss, I plan to ask him if he needs me to work the next few Fridays on day shift.
  • I implore every forumite to please get Skype and join in as a good time will be had by all.
    Might have a problem there in terms of getting everyone in the same room. Someone said something about having all the people calling use the same port, looking into this.
    Might have a problem there in terms of getting everyone in the same room. Someone said something about having all the people calling use the same port, looking into this.
    What about something like Vent that's made for large groups?
  • edited June 2009
    I'll look into it. It may work better but I'm concerned about accessibility, asking people to install a whole new program just for one event is something I'd be wary of.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Vent is easy to install and totally worth it, considering what we're trying to do.
  • I'd probably join in more (read: at all) if it were on Vent rather than Skype. Skype is such a pain in the ass to launch for me.
  • I'd probably join in more (read: at all) if it were on Vent rather than Skype. Skype is such a pain in the ass to launch for me.
    Didn't we try vent before, and we could only get eight people in?
  • Here's the plan: Stick to using Skype for the next Geekchat (I think we should do Friday night again.) and run a separate Ventrillo test on a different day (any ideas?). Lets just try and get what we have stable and easy to use.
  • Skype is such a pain in the ass to launch for me.
    How so? Skype is the world standard for non-enterprise VOIP. It has the best quality, the best network code, and the best interface by far.
  • best interface by far.
    It has no Answer button if you disable notifications. At least not under Linux.
    Didn't we try vent before, and we could only get eight people in?
    Yeah, I think vent has an 8 person limit unless you spend some cash.
  • Skype is such a pain in the ass to launch for me.
    How so? Skype is the world standard for non-enterprise VOIP. It has the best quality, the best network code, and the best interface by far.
    Pain in the ass because my computer sucks. It's a personal thing, that's why I said "for me".