This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090625 - Celebrity Deaths

Comments

• I think Good Burger is a terrible movie, though.
    Do yourself a favor and go face the wall.
    His facing the wall does not stop Good Burger from sucking.
    Well, that was a hilarious yet slightly disturbing mental image.
  • I think Good Burger is a terrible movie, though.
    Do yourself a favor and go face the wall.
    His facing the wall does not stop Good Burger from sucking.
    Quiet, infidel!
  • I lived in the city Good Burger was filmed in for a couple years. The friends of mine who grew up there found it a deep source of shame.
  • I lived in the city Good Burger was filmed in for a couple years. The friends of mine who grew up there found it a deep source of shame.
    Misplaced modifiers FTW.
  • Misplaced modifiers FTW.
    I've read it a few times over, and I'm not seeing what you mean. I'm not very smart, though.
    I've read it a few times over, and I'm not seeing what you mean. I'm not very smart, though.
    That was a long shoot.
    That was a long shoot.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Yes.
  • Good Burger.
    I loooooooove orange soda.
  • Steve McNair was apparently murdered yesterday.
  • The reason I don't participate in the book club is that I want to read everything I read in its original language and due to the limited collection of the nearest library from me, I would have to buy the books. I'll get Steppenwolf in Finnish now.
  • Poor Boner. Sounds like he lived a hard life.
  • Poor Boner. Sounds like he lived a hard life.
    Hey, who's this stiff?
  • Actor who played Boner in Growing Pains. It was a 1980's sitcom. I had no idea he was the son of the actor who played Chekov in Star Trek.
  • Actor who played Boner in Growing Pains. It was a 1980's sitcom. I had no idea he was the son of the actor who played Chekov in Star Trek.
    Swing and a miss.
  • edited September 2010
    Goodnight, Sweet Prince.

But seriously, as a Spaniard and a Colombian, and a comedian, I am saddened all the way around.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Really? Greg Giraldo died? Got damn! He is one of the few Stand-Up comedians I've ever seen. This fucking sucks.
  • Really? Greg Giraldo died? Got damn! He is one of the few Stand-Up comedians I've ever seen. This fucking sucks.
    Yeah. Accidental OD on prescription meds is what they're saying for now. Bummer all the way around. I really enjoyed his stuff on the Comedy Central roasts.
  • The Nish is dead.

...So does this mean we're not getting an Odin sequel?
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2010
    Finally Yamato can just stop coming out all the time and he biologically cannot be a one trick pony ever again.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Finally Yamato can just stop coming out all the time and he can stop being a one trick pony.
    :P
  • edited November 2010
    This is truly a sad day for Naughty Tentacles the world over.

Also, Nishizaki was apparently kind of crazy:
    on February 1, 1999, he was arrested after a handgun, 131 bullets and 20 grams of stimulant drugs were seized from his house in Setagaya Ward, Tokyo. Nishizaki, voluntarily submitted two automatic rifles, 1,800 bullets, and 30 howitzer shells kept in a station wagon in his garage, police said. Police said that Nishizaki had hidden an Austrian handgun loaded with three bullets under a zaisu chair in a study. Nishizaki told police that he had bought the handgun in Hong Kong 10 years earlier.On February 20, 2003, he was sentenced to two years and eight months in prison for the possessing firearms charge. He was released from prison on December 9, 2007.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • This is truly a sad day for Naughty Tentacles the world over.

Also, Nishizaki was apparently kind of crazy:
    on February 1, 1999, he was arrested after a handgun, 131 bullets and 20 grams of stimulant drugs were seized from his house in Setagaya Ward, Tokyo. Nishizaki, voluntarily submitted two automatic rifles, 1,800 bullets, and 30 howitzer shells kept in a station wagon in his garage, police said. Police said that Nishizaki had hidden an Austrian handgun loaded with three bullets under a zaisu chair in a study. Nishizaki told police that he had bought the handgun in Hong Kong 10 years earlier.On February 20, 2003, he was sentenced to two years and eight months in prison for the possessing firearms charge. He was released from prison on December 9, 2007.
    Did you ever listen to AWO?
  • Did you ever listen to AWO?
    Nope. Can you direct me to the episode?
  • ODIIIIIIIIIIIIN! (I think it's this episode.)
  • edited November 2010
    In the last 6 minutes of this episode, Daryl rants a bit. I believe to remember another big rant on The Nish, but I don't remember when it happened. They have elaborated on The Nish being a fucking nutcase a couple of times though.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Leslie Nielsen is dead.
    Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.