This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090625 - Celebrity Deaths

Comments

• Now we'll never get that Daredevil/Spider-Man crossover movie with the Kingpin.
  • http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-ohare-babylon-5-dies-375187

Sinclair has now passed beyond the Rim of Known Space.
    Oh no, not another one. :(
  • Arlen Specter is dead.
  • Arlen Specter is dead.
    This guy was a legendary senator, I voted for him in 2004 splitting my vote with him and Kerry. Though in the Democratic Primary of 2010, I voted for Joe Sestak, only because I thought Arlen Specter should have retired, and it turns out I was right. Good guy though. Though his Kennedy magic bullet theory was crazy :-p
  • >implying that the Kennedy family did not possess and sell enchanted armaments during World War II and Korea

Or are we talking about some other Kennedy magic bullet theory?
  • Felix Baumgartener... no wait.
  • edited October 2012
    >implying that the Kennedy family did not possess and sell enchanted armaments during World War II and Korea

Or are we talking about some other Kennedy magic bullet theory?
    Taking the piss, or serious?

Post edited by Churba on
  • Taking a piss, though I would like it to be true.
  • Taking a piss, though I would like it to be true.
    I thought so, but felt it best to check. I've seen people not know some stranger shit than that.
  • edited October 2012
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • George McGovern is dead.
  • He was like Kissinger: very important in the 70s, but whenever I heard anything about him all I could think was "holy shit, he's still alive?"

• Rest in peace.
  • Larry Hagman's dead.
  • As is Bryce Courtenay.
  • Dave Brubeck is dead.
  • Norman Schwarzkopf is dead.
  • Dave Brubeck is dead.
    Fuck.
  • As is Charles Durning.
  • Dave Brubeck is dead.
    Fuck.
    True fact: His first album was made one block from my office.
  • Oh, I also forgot to add Jack Klugman to this thread.

IT WAS MURDER, SAM.
  • Haww no, bad news for Tony Grieg, The poor borsted hes hed to end hus unnings short.
  • OUR 2013 CELEBRITY DEATH PREDICTIONS ARE IN.
    Every year, Lisa and I compete to see who can forecast the most big-name deaths, with points assigned for 100 minus the age of the deceased. Here's my list:
    01) George H.W. Bush X
    02) Margaret Thatcher X
    03) Harper Lee
    04) Frederick Pohl
    05) Harold Camping
    06) Hillary Clinton
    07) Bob Dole
    08) Jim Nabors
    09) Pauline "Dear Abby" Phillips
    10) Annette Funicello
    11) Frankie Muniz
    12) Zsa Zsa Gabor X
    13) Hugo Chavez X
    14) James Garner
    15) William "The Refrigerator" Perry
    16) Fidel Castro
    17) Glen Campbell
    18) Nelson Mandela X
    19) Toni Braxton
    20) Billy Graham
    *An X indicates both Lisa and I picked that celebrity.
  • What are the results from last year's predictions?
  • I won with 75 points in 2012 for Robin Gibb, Joe Paterno, Ray Bradbury, and Andy Griffith. Lisa had 52 points for Ernest Borgnine, Andy Griffith, Dick Clark, and Joe Paterno.
  • You know, I was wondering why Dick Clark wasn't present during "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve".
  • You know, I was wondering why Dick Clark wasn't present during "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve".
    Seacrest ate him to gain his power.

• David R. Ellis (director of such fine films as Final Destination 2, Final Destination 4: Live Free or Final Destination, Shark Night 3D: At Least We're Better Than Jaws 3D, and MUTHAFUCKIN' Snakes on a MUTHAFUCKIN' Plane) was found dead in a hotel in Johannesburg, cause of death unknown. Only 60. :(

No joke, I legitimately enjoyed a bunch of the man's work. FD4 was a big guilty pleasure of mine when it came out, and say what you will about SoaP, I had a lot of fun on the internet around when that movie was coming out. The fact that Ellis and Jackson actually made THAT line happen is just awesome.

Godspeed, dude. Hope you're punchin' muthafuckin' snakes in the hereafter.