This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geekchat - Fri. July 3rd, Welcome to the unsocial.

2»

Comments

• I would attend, but I'll be getting my drink on tonight.
  • Drink on responsibly!
  • edited July 2009
    We are on in one hour.

Please remember to check your microphone with the "echo123" test (Add echo123 to your contacts and call them.) and pause any torrents or downloads you may be running in the background.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I might join in. I'm reinstalling Skype and should be connecting any minute.
  • Hey, this still going on?
  • Hey, this still going on?
    It is indeed, but nothing is happening. Last time was WAY better. Oh well, Viga will make things so much better once she comes on.
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    I declare this Geekchat to be a total and complete failure. So many people had to drop out and it descended it into nothing more than a 4chan chat of memes and general shitcockery.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I declare this Geekchat to be a total and complete failure. So many people had to drop out and it descended it into nothing more than a 4chan chat of memes and general shitcockery.
    Aaaaand Just as I get my wireless working, thus meaning I can get on the internet when I boot into windows. Sonovabitch.

In other news, Ubuntu is good, but not quite perfect. I'm still seeing how it goes before I go one or the other full-time.
  • I got kidnapped after work for pizza. Sorry.
  • edited July 2009
    I got kidnapped after work for pizza. Sorry.
    Don't you ever, EVER apologize for Pizza again.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'll probably be able to find an hour or two to chat this time around, assuming I get my sleep worked out.
    I didn't, but I guess I didn't miss much either.
  • edited July 2009
    The Geekchat was not a total bust if you count the last hour or so, which consisted of me and Lordyupa shooting the shit and playing awesome flash games. If two people talking doesn't fit the definition, however, what little I heard of the Geekchat was made up entirely of the Narwhal song. Take that as you will.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2009
    The Geekchat was not a total bust if you count the last hour or so, which consisted of me and Lordyupa shooting the shit and playing awesome flash games. If two people talking doesn't fit the definition, however, what little I heard of the Geekchat was made up entirely of the Narwhal song. Take that as you will.
    That is true, I will go so far as that. But the majority of it was just narwhal...ing. By awesome, I'll give you an examples: both Gateway games, all the Japanese GROW games, and a buncha other stuff.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I declare this Geekchat to be a total and complete failure. So many people had to drop out and it descended it into nothing more than a 4chan chat of memes and general shitcockery.
    Geekchat shouldn't be declared failure, if it doesn't go on million years full of awesomeness. I was quite happy with the level of conversation at few first hours. At least there were some nice chatting about games and movies there.
  • Geekchat shouldn't be declared failure, if it doesn't go on million years full of awesomeness. I was quite happy with the level of conversation at few first hours. At least there were some nice chatting about games and movies there.
    Agreed - Not every geekchat is going to be 10 hours of insanity, they just are what they are, so might as well enjoy it.
  • A Geek Chat is basically you and your friends chilling out, talking, playing games, and having a good ol time. A Geekchat doesn't have to be over skype, or at any particular time, its just how WE usually do it. A geek chat can be out there, in the real world, chilling with ya mates and having an adventure. The Geek Chat isn't the event or the medium, it's the experience and all that you take from and add to it.
  • A Geek Chat is basically you and your friends chilling out, talking, playing games, and having a good ol time. A Geekchat doesn't have to be over skype, or at any particular time, its just how WE usually do it. A geek chat can be out there, in the real world, chilling with ya mates and having an adventure. The Geek Chat isn't the event or the medium, it's the experience and all that you take from and add to it.
    Again, I concur - The only essential ingredients are Geeks and Chat, everything else is merely flavor-text.
    edited July 2009
    I declare this Geekchat to be a total and complete failure. So many people had to drop out and it descended it into nothing more than a 4chan chat of memes and general shitcockery.
    Nonsense, it was completely unrelated to 4chan or shitcockery. It was a Weebl chat of loops and general insanity with Narwhals, Melons, Flash games. IMHO it was a great success, I laughed a lot, which means I had fun which is all that really matters for me. All we lacked were some of the big cannons.

EDIT:
    Narwhals, narwhals...
    If I hear 'Narwhals' one more time, I'm going to kill myself.
    Every cheer, melons are here...
    I'm back.
    Narwhals, narwhals...
    Cue Nine dying due to aspyxiation caused by laughter.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I thought it was pretty fun, myself.
  • I mean not to diminish the Geekchat as a whole, of course. I was just describing my experience, and honestly, I can only take so much Narwhals Narwhals...

...Swimming in the ocean, causing a commotion because the are so awesome.