This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• Also, the sun is fairly hot. I'm working on whether or not the sky is ever blue.
  • I hate it when people take this to an extreme. For example, my grandparents might as well worship Bill O'Reilly and all of his colleagues at Fox News, and refuse to consider any opposing opinions. This is certainly something to keep in mind. It takes significant effort sometimes to view things from the "Vulcan" standpoint and remove any personal bias and emotion when forming an opinion.
  • edited July 2009
    I hate it when people take this to an extreme. For example, my grandparents might as well worship Bill O'Reilly and all of his colleagues at Fox News, and refuse to consider any opposing opinions. This is certainly something to keep in mind. It takes significant effort sometimes to view things from the "Vulcan" standpoint and remove any personal bias and emotion when forming an opinion.
    Your telling me, that's why I read a collection of Liberal and conservative news sites (and Fark). While the conservatives I know, watch Fox news and believe the crazy batshit E-mails they get from "friends".
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • While the conservatives I know, watch Fox news and belief the crazy batshit E-mails they get from "friends".
    I FORGOT ABOUT THOSE EMAILS. My grandfather believes and spreads every one of them, despite me and my mom (his daughter) insisting that he check Snopes immediately upon receiving these emails.

Fortunately, he kind of cut down on forwarding them to me once he realized that if he pisses me off, he's fucked the second his computer breaks.
  • While the conservatives I know, watch Fox news and belief the crazy batshit E-mails they get from "friends".
    I FORGOT ABOUT THOSE EMAILS. My grandfather believes and spreads every one of them, despite me and my mom (his daughter) insisting that he check Snopes immediately upon receiving these emails.

Fortunately, he kind of cut down on forwarding them to me once he realized that if he pisses me off, he's fucked the second his computer breaks.
    Yea I reply back with the snopes article nearly everytime, my dad does it just to get a rise out of me I think :-p
    I decided it wasn't worth it point out that the batty right wing emails my gramps sends out are not true. He's old and set in his ways, and sending him something like this will just make him look upon my as some philistine heathen. It's easier, and better for family relations, just to ignore them.
  • Seeing all these posts makes me really grateful pretty much everybody in my family (with the exception of my uncle, who's an agnostic) agrees with me politically and philosophically. Really grateful.
  • Virtually no one in my family agrees with me politically. They are all to the extreme right, and I am in the extreme middle.