This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

HUGE deal on Steam

edited July 2009 in Video Games
If you go on Steam right now, there's a 2K HUGE GAMES PACK for sale. It has Bioshock. It has a whole mess of Sid Meier games. It has all the X-Com games. It's got some Railroad Tycoon games. And even more. Total price, $54. If you don't have most of these games already, like I do, you are a fool not to buy this.

Comments

• Or lacking expendable funds.
  • edited July 2009
    Yay! Another awesome deal I can't get because the owners of the copyrights are assholes!!
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • Or have a card that steam accepts. Well I do, but there is only about £10 in that account.
  • Is the steam version of X-com fixed so it runs at normal speed with good mouse accuracy and full audio? Because the time I tried to play a copy with DOSbox, the slowest it was able to make it run was still super fast and it only played like half the sounds. It also didn't recognize like half the clicks.
  • Is the steam version of X-com fixed so it runs at normal speed with good mouse accuracy and full audio? Because the time I tried to play a copy with DOSbox, the slowest it was able to make it run was still super fast and it only played like half the sounds. It also didn't recognize like half the clicks.
    It works for me.
  • Total price, $54.
    €1 = $1. Also, woot, a total savings of €6, amazing sale.

What's more surprising is realizing that Bioshock is already 2 years old.
  • What's more surprising is realizing that Bioshock is already 2 years old.
    What's more surprising to me is that I've been listening to GeekNights for two years now...
  • What's more surprising is realizing that Bioshock is already 2 years old.
    What's more surprising to me is that I've been listening to GeekNights for two years now...
    I've been listening since '06, the 6th grade for me, and I'm in the 10th right now. It's pretty hard to believe.
  • What's more surprising to me is that I've been listening to GeekNights for two years now...
    I've been listening since the beginning of my freshman year of high school and I just graduated. So... yeah.
  • I've been listening since the beginning of my freshman year of high school and I just graduated.
    /internet wang
  • edited July 2009
    Is the steam version of X-com fixed so it runs at normal speed with good mouse accuracy and full audio? Because the time I tried to play a copy with DOSbox, the slowest it was able to make it run was still super fast and it only played like half the sounds. It also didn't recognize like half the clicks.
    The Steam "version" of X-Com is bundled with DOSBox. All the dirty work has been done for you, so you don't have to fiddle around with anything and it'll run just fine.
    Post edited by omegafinal on
  • /internet wang
    MINE IS BIGGER AND THAT MAKES ME COOL
  • edited July 2009
    That pack is an exceptionally good deal... can you gift individual games from this package?
    Post edited by Σπεκωσποκ on
  • That pack is an exceptionally good deal... can you gift individual games from this package?
    That's the one evil of steam is that they don't let you gift nearly enough. If I bought game X, but I don't play it anymore, why can't I give it to someone else?

Single player video games, books, movies, etc. All of these things are entertainment media that is usually consumed once, and then finished. In our new culture of sharing, people like to sell these things used on eBay/Amazon or give them to friends. That's really killing sales, but it's the right of first sale, so tough shit.
  • The culture of sharing is not new at all, though the RIAA want you to think it is. It is a resurgence.
  • The culture of sharing is not new at all, though the RIAA want you to think it is. It is a resurgence.
    I said our new culture of sharing, as in it's new for us.
  • So, I take it, I can't actually gift individual games... oh well.