This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Carcassonne DS

edited July 2009 in Video Games
http://kotaku.com/5310546/carcassonne-coming-to-a-ds-near-you

Took fucking long enough! Long before day 1 we've been saying that the DS is perfect for local wireless multiplayer board games. Yet, almost nobody has exploited this opportunity. Maybe if Carcassonne sells well then we'll start seeing other board games go the same route.

Comments

• One thing to also wonder about, will you be able to get the expansions? They didn't say anything about having them on the DS game, but possibly have them as downloadable content via DSi like they have on XBL. I honestly don't want have the rules of the expansions, but just the type of tiles they have.

They probably are going to see how sales go before they decisions like this. Like I said in ToTD thread, if this is available by PAX '09, oh mans.
  • Sadly, I worry that this is a "too little, too late" situation. I wonder if this will sell at all at this late point the DS lifecycle. Remember: the DS is old technology. ^_~
  • Remember: the DS is old technology. ^_~
    That's why they have the DSi! lol
  • Although I've never played this game, and the only German board game I've ever played is Settlers of Catan, I'm pretty excited.
    It would be pretty interesting if you could toggle different expansions on and off, too.