This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Natal, Milo and Molyneux

edited July 2009 in Video Games
Now, I know the Molyneux has, to put it mildly, exaggerated when talking about forthcoming games. Still, having seen the E3 'Milo' demo and recently watched the BSG spin-off 'Caprica', I can't help feel a tinge of excitement that this could be the next 'big thing'. Clearly I am a sucker of Homer Simpson level proportions (Lionhead must love me). Does anyone else want to, this time, take his comments at face value?

Comments

• My problem with Natal is that a lot of people will have problems with playing the games. They will try to do things that are not possible with the games and will just get frustrated. People need to hold something in order to ground them into what they are doing. In other words, I like the idea but I don't think it will work.

Milo is also interesting, but programming it into games will probably be incredibly hard and it will be a few years until it is acutally easy to put into games.

Molyneux is a great idea man, but horrible with the implementation. I liked Fable and haven't gotten around to playing Fable II yet, but they did not live up to the expectations he presented.
  • I think Peter Molyneux's enthusiasm would transition really well into reading bedtime stories. In fact, this experience is one of my life goals.
  • Having been lied to by Molyneux for over a decade, I no longer trust anything said about his games before they're released.
  • Having missed the hype for the first Fable, I enjoyed it immensely. Having been immersed in the hype for Fable 2, I also enjoyed it immensely. Either I'm immune to Molyneaux's charms, or his games are damn good, and I'm inclined to believe the latter. Milo looks okay, but I'm entirely unexcited for it (I'm really more interested in games where you do shit), but I'm eagerly anticipating Lionhead's next real game.