This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Guild

edited July 2009 in Everything Else
I did a quick search and surprisingly haven't found a thread about this yet. I came across the webseries The Guild today, and thought it was full of hilarity. It stars and is written by Felicia Day (the woman in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog), and each episode is about 5 minutes long. The show is about a group of MMORPG gamers who meet in real life.

The cool part is that Day actually plays (-ed?) a lot of WoW and so is pretty familiar with how MMOs work in general. I find the series to be a pretty hilarious take on gamer lives, albeit really unrealistic. Anyone else seen it? Comments?

Wiki IMDB

Comments

• We've been watching The Guild via XBOX 360. It is cute, but not on my "must watch" list. It is definitely great for a quick, light diversion.
  • I really enjoy The Guild, and I agree it makes for a nice diversion. I particularly like how all of the characters aren't portrayed as fat nerdy men who live in their parents' basement. Instead we get "neglectful mother" and "obsessive stalker," which is... not necessarily more positive, but is at least varied and different.

I'm also fond of its sister show The Legend of Neil.
  • It's always about getting the phat loots. :)
  • As far as the genre of video game comedy goes, there is no beating Pure Pwnage. It starts off kind of slow, but as the episodes progress, the hilarity and production values increase exponentially.
  • Pure Pwnage season 1 was really good, but I'm not sure if I'd advise watching it after that, even though it ends on a cliffhanger.
  • Pure Pwnage is great, but Troy Dixon, who played my favorite character of the show, recently died in a car crash. Dunno if it's going to be as good without him.