This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How big a problem is fake medicine?

124»

Comments

• I do use real medicine, I was just asking what people thought about those sorts of things. Please do not think I am some crazy that is all hippie dippy just because I work in a health food store. I do not buy any of those things to use instead of medicine. I do use the tea tree oil in addition to dandruff shampoo because I have a bit of a problem. I add it to my OTC Dandruff shampoo and it works pretty well. In fact a lot of dandruff shampoos include it already in lower doses, but sadly my scalp requires more. So I just add it in.
  • edited September 2011
    Now now. I'm sure Scott has had his fair share of yeast infections.
    But is also because Scott wipes his mangina with fruit roll ups that he dipped in sugar water and then in a mixture confectioners sugar and bakers yeast.

That is how you get yeast infections right?
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I think the lesson here is that if you have a fungus, you should probably use something based on selenium.
    Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be taking my medical advice about yeast infections from you. Thanks though.
    We were talking about skin funguses.
  • I think the lesson here is that if you have a fungus, you should probably use something based on selenium.
    Yeah, I don't think I'm going to be taking my medical advice about yeast infections from you. Thanks though.
    We were talking about skin funguses.
    Maybe you were. However, that was an assumption on your part. I never said that.
  • edited September 2011
    I think the lesson here is that if you have a fungus, you should probably use something based on selenium.
    That's among the most ridiculous blanket statements I've ever heard. Don't talk about medicine, Scott, unless you're simply telling people that something is Woo-Woo. You really don't do yourself any favors.

Even if we are talking about dermatophytes, most of our best fungicides are not "based on selenium."
    Post edited by WindUpBird on