This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Episode 39 - Retro Atari, Weird Worlds and Civilization II

edited January 2006 in Video Games
I'm sure it wont be hard to get a good discussion going on about Civ2.

I remember one time I was allied with the only country left in the game. It was after the game ended, so whatever. I built a zillion fanatics and put one on every space of the map that belonged to them. Then I spent one turn declaring war and tearing up all their mining and irrigation and such. I didn't even have to attack because they all starved to death. The fanatics contained most of their military counter-attack and my cities were well defended. I think it was funny anyway.

Comments

• My favourite bit: the advisors. In particular, Elvis.

Regarding Civ 4, as a long time Civ fan (ten years and counting), I can absolutely recommend it. It's got something that Civ 3 lacked - I can't put my finger on it exactly, but whatever it is, it's great.
  • A wise man said, only fools run an empire without luxuries. King.
  • Ah, memories...
  • I got Civ 4 a few months ago, and it is awesome. The graphics are great, the gameplay is addicting, and it takes up all of my time. Probably my favorite TBS(especially given how easy it is to mod).
  • All right. I've heard too many great things about this game. Once I get my new computer, I'm doing everything in my power to make Civ IV work in Wine. Granted, it would probably save what little free time I have left if I were forced to reboot every time I wanted to play it =P
  • I've avoided Civ 4 thus far, because I'm pretty sure that if I did play it, I'd lose my job.