This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pc to Xbox 360 connection conundrums

edited August 2009 in Technology
I was not quite sure if it'd be best to place this in either the Video games section or Tech section, but here's to hoping I picked correctly.

So here is my situation: I have three PCs connected to a router. All three are connected with wire, as opposed to wireless. However, the router does have wifi access.

My 360 has a wireless adapter (the $100 or so one) connected, and is able to connect to Xbox Live through the wifi the router gives off.

What I would like to be able to do, is somehow be able to access my PC from my 360, as to stream video and music. Here's where the troubles start -_-...

I have windows XP home edition, as well as media player 11. When I try to search for a computer, it does not detect anything. I gather this is because my router is wifi-enabled, not my pc. I've tried means, such as the Windows Connect, but that helps nothing. There was a program I ran across before that made a feed of some sort the picked up from the pc, but slowed the computer down to a crawl. So I ask, my fellow GeekNight members, is there, perchance, a means to access my pc from my 360, given my current circumstances, and without moving any wires and/or routers?

This has been driving my up the wall on and off for several months now, and I hope that I will find some solution from asking you all here. Thank you in advance~ Dred Lily ^W^V

Comments