This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Guns of Icarus

edited August 2009 in Video Games
It's coming...It's coming...

The teaser site for Alex and my Indie game. It's coming along really well.
Guns of Icarus

A turret render.

Comments

• That turret is pretty hot.
  • Oh man, that looks awesome. This is what that model you posted a while back was for, right?
  • How did you come up with that name? All I can think about for it is guns whose wings were melted by the sun.
  • Yes, that's what the model was for.

Icarus was dubbed by Austin. It's his baby.
  • Wow, that turret looks awesome. What kinda game is it gonna be, Emily, or can you not talk about it?
  • That is a wicked looking turret.
  • What did you use to render? Mental Ray? It looks really sweet.

So this is the game you were talking about at the MoCCA festival. I like the art direction that you have going, definitely way different from Mesa. I'm curious about what the game play will be like.
  • Airships? SkyPirates? Guns?

Two words.

FUCK YEAH!
  • That gun is so sexy. The game is going to be aweeeeeeeeeeesome. Nice illustrations Gomi!!
  • Woot, after posting the trailer yesterday, we got a heck ton of hits. Most of the negative comments were about Austin sounding high in the voice over, and people thinking it was a ps3 game and criticising the graphics, only to be surprised that it plays in your browser. I'm feeling pretty good today!

We are ranked #36 on game trailers right now! Yay!
  • Most of the negative comments were about Austin sounding high in the voice over
    I didn't think his voiceacting was bad or anything. But, the first sentence almost sounds like the start of a song. ^_~
  • That trailer looks all kinds of amazing. I'm pumped to play it. Personally, I don't think he sounds high, just really, really upset or devistated.
  • edited October 2009
    Most of the negative comments were about Austin sounding high in the voice over
    These people were obviously paying far too much attention to the voice over and not enough to the blimp being exploded with a cannon that shoots lightning.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • The voice over kind of reminds me of the trailer for the latest Terminator movie.
    But anyway, the game looks really sweet. I'm definitely gonna swing by tonight to check it out :-)
  • This does look super awesome. Congratulations on making something super awesome, guys.
  • I can't wait to play this, although I doubt my computer will be able to. Here's hoping.
  • Since no one has asked this, how is it running in a browser? I'd like any technical details you have. Looks sweet. ^_^
  • First thing I did when playing - walked straight off the deck of the ship and fell.

I'm so awesome.
  • Since no one has asked this, how is it running in a browser? I'd like any technical details you have. Looks sweet. ^_^
    Unity
  • I was very impressed by how good the game looked, especially in a browser. It's definitely a step up from the apartments. I wish you guys much success :-)
  • Thanks guys! I'm glad you all came!
  • Hey, guess what! We are now on Steam. All you guys who didn't feel like buying it now, we are out at the same time as the Mac Steam release. Have fun!

Also, stay tuned at the end of the summer for some more cool stuff from Muse.
  • Yay, now I can support Emily (and Alex and Conrad) :-p
  • Bought it via Steam it is just like I remembered when I played it via browser.
  • Anthony Burch just gave you guys a shout on Twitter.
  • Anthony Burch just gave you guys a shout on Twitter.
    Hm, I've got $10 in my paypal account that I've got nothing planned for...

Oh look, I suddenly have Guns of Icarus. How delightful!
  • I'm saving my money for the MMO.
  • Really? You promise? Because that day may be closer than you think.
  • Really? You promise? Because that day may be closer than you think.
    Microtransactions! $5 to add a better turret!

Nexon would buy it outright.
  • $5 is retarded, no one will pay that. $1 however...