This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Emulator Troubles in Ubuntu 9.04

edited August 2009 in Technology
For some reason, yesterday, all of my emulator-type programs simultaneously started running sluggishly. All of them worked flawlessly until yesterday, and I can't remember making any changes to my computer. The programs that are running slowly are FCE Ultra, Wine, and VBA Express. I've tried using other programs that don't require a ROM or other game file to load, and they all work fine. Help please?

Comments

• For some reason, yesterday, all of my emulator-type programs simultaneously started running sluggishly. All of them worked flawlessly until yesterday, and I can't remember making any changes to my computer. The programs that are running slowly are FCE Ultra, Wine, and VBA Express. I've tried using other programs that don't require a ROM or other game file to load, and they all work fine. Help please?
    That's not really enough info to go on. Did you do some updates? Maybe you've got something running in the background. Maybe your video card is wonky? Need more info.
  • This might seem like an odd question but, does the problem persist if you put the emulator into full screen?
  • That's not really enough info to go on. Did you do some updates? Maybe you've got something running in the background. Maybe your video card is wonky? Need more info.
    The only updates I've done recently are official Ubuntu updates. I've kind of come to the conclusion that since that's the only modification I've done lately, one of the updates is the problem, so I'm just waiting for a fix now.
    This might seem like an odd question but, does the problem persist if you put the emulator into full screen?
    Doesn't affect anything, I've tried.