This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Plea for Help -- I want to talk about The Internet.

edited August 2009 in Everything Else
Basically, there's a big tech/film/music event called South by Southwest every year in Austin, TX. Last year, I was chosen to speak during the Interactive (ie. tech) festival, and I'm trying to make it back there to give another presentation. SXSW chooses panels/talks by outsourcing opinion via the "Panel Picker," which provides about 1/3 of the overall score (the rest of the score is formed by the panel judges & staff).

If you've seen me in the past at anime conventions, you know that I can dish out a good talk. My proposal for SXSW 2010 is "Lurk Moar: Why Internet Culture Matters."

So, if you're inclined to spare 57 seconds of your time, please go to my talk's page (http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/ideas/view/3203) to 1) vote up, and 2) leave a positive comment. Signing up for the voting is super easy (name, email, password), and you receive practically no messages (if you're concerned about that).

Thanks for your help, FRC forumers!

Comments

• While I agree with what you're saying, I will fight to the death to stop you from saying it.
  • Wow, I didn't even know that there was a tech part of SXSW. I've always only ever known SXSW as the huge indie music festival.
  • Wow, I didn't even know that there was a tech part of SXSW. I've always only ever known SXSW as the huge indie music festival.
    Really? I thought it was a convention for all of the crazy Web 2.0 startup peeps to get wasted.
  • Really? I thought it was a convention for all of the crazy Web 2.0 startup peeps to get wasted.
    Yeah, it's totally a boozefest masquerading as a conference. But I like to think I bring some quality to the presentation side of things.
  • Just bumping this once more, as the polls close at the end of this week on Friday. Appreciation for any thumbs up and comments on the panel picker!