This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Favorite Theme Songs

GeoGeo
edited August 2009 in Everything Else
As most of you forumites know, the "What is your Theme Song" thread has a high level of popularity every now and then, so I decided to boil it simply down to favorite theme songs minus . What are your favorite theme songs from anything (television, anime, video games, etc) and why? Find a video of it and post it here, and explain why it is appealing to you. For reasons pertaining to overloading the thread, As most of you may or may not know, only three videos can be posted at a time due to the limitations of the forum in general.

Comments

• GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    I think I'll start it off with three random ones that is among my one hundred favorite themes (I actually have a list of it and just chose them at random) and they all happen to be television shows.

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego: I like this because it was one of my favorite shows growing up, I love the genre of acapella, and the song is both classic and catchy!

I don't any reason needs to be given as to why this one of my favorites.

When I randomly chose three, two of them happened to be Disney Afternoon themes which kinda creeped me out. Anyway, this is also another classic one and is my favorite because it is so upbeat and sets the mood for the show in general.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited August 2009

(The bottom right being theme to the Footrot Flats Movie)
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Star Wars, as well as anything John Williams has ever done ever:

Alan Silvestri's Back to the Future theme is also excellent:

The Doctor Who theme music has its own Wikipedia page.

There are so many more... I'll post others later if they haven't already been posted.
  • [Last of the Mohicans theme]

/thread
    Word up.
  • I have to say, Read or Die is one of my favorites. So catchy....
    Star Wars, as well as anything John Williams has ever done ever:
    This isn't an "official" theme song, but I must agree that John Williams is the man.
  • edited August 2009
    Space: the final frontier...

BEHOLD! A whole playlist of my favorite anime themes.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited August 2009
    Space: the final frontier...
    As much as I love The Next Generation (Brent Spiner = automatic mancrush), I have to say I prefer DS9's intro music.

But if there's one thing we can agree on, it's that Star Trek Enterprise's theme was awful. Some would argue (though I haven't seen enough to agree or disagree) that the show shouldn't have happened.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • edited August 2009

Do I need to explain why?
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • As much as I love The Next Generation (Brent Spiner = automatic mancrush), I have to say I prefer DS9's intro music.
    Man...Star Trek has some shitty theme music. If you want good Sci-Fi theme music, you can't beat Space: Above and Beyond
  • edited August 2009
    The Doctor Who theme music has its ownWikipedia page.
    I am man enough to admit that I am shallow enough that Billie Piper got me to shotgun seasons one and two of Doctor Who over the past couple of weeks.

Also, for anime:

For nostalgic television:

For the best show ever made:
    Post edited by Jason on
  • I second Cowboy Bebop and new-series Doctor Who. Additionally:

(WARNING: Spoilers for Seasons 1-3)

(This version specifically)

(Harmonizing Guitars = Instant Win)
  • While not the best series ever, I adore this song:
  • Gurren Lagann 1st Opening
    I like this one the best, I dunno. The future animations have some cooler parts, but Viral's part in the 1st one just gets me and makes that animation my favorite. Also, the song is fantastic.

It's Power Rangers. What do you want from me! The Green Ranger is my childhood hero. Screw the White/Red/Black Ranger that Tommy became, he's more awesome in Green.
  • This show was mentioned recently at work and 5 ladies (including myself) all started singing the tune.
  • Most of my favourites have already been picked -

Star Trek: The Next Generation
    Star Trek: Deep Space 9
    Star Wars
    Duck Tales
    Talespin
    Fraggle Rock
    Cowboy Bebop

I was thinking about Lord of the Rings but rewatching it, the feeling you get is more from the dialogue and imagery.

However I did like the haunting opening to "The Godfather"

Another one which I did like is Jurassic Park
  • Came here for Jurassic Park (or John Williams in general), leaving satisfied.

Also, re-watching the Trigun opener reminded me just how much I love that show.

As for my favorite theme song:

I mean, come the fuck on.
  • TheWhaleShark: Fuck yes.
    On that tangent:
    On that tangent:

We just got Roborolled...
    Apparently the "Dream Team" that made Chrono Trigger could see the future.
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    Country Roads
    YES!! That is one of my favorite Ghibli movies, next to Laputa and Mononoke-hime.
    TheWhaleShark: Fuck yes.
    On that tangent:
    God, people don't shut up about this. It sounds a tiny bit like it but not really.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited August 2009

I can't find just the theme song for this show by itself. This was the theme to my Friday morning when I was a kid.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    On that tangent:
    God, people don't shut up about this. It sounds a tiny bit like it but not really.
    It sounds a lot like it to me. Sorry. I was just kidding around.
    On that tangent:
    No worries dude. I wasn't directing at you, I just find it weird that everyone thinks it.
    On that tangent:
    No worries dude. I wasn't directing at you, I just find it weird that everyone thinks it.
    Eh, whatever. I actually didn't hear it until my friend told me when he made me listen to the song after he got the DS version. Curse the power of mental suggestion...
  • We just got Roborolled...
    What the... it doesn't sound like Never Gonna Give You Up in the slightest. Silly kids these days. Stop trying to be cool and just listen to the song.
  • We just got Roborolled...
    What the... it doesn't sound like Never Gonna Give You Up in the slightest. Silly kids these days. Stop trying to be cool and just listen to the song.
    I have listened to the song. One part of it has a similar melody. It's just a joke, jeez. I wasn't trying to be cool...I'm not some poser...
    Wait, did I just use the word poser? What is wrong with this world?