This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Movies you can watch over and over again

Comments

• Macross: "Do You Remember Love?"
    Star Wars
    Rocky
  • Macross: "Do You Remember Love?"
    Why, yes. I do. :P
  • I rewatch Casablanca and Urusei Yatsura: Beautiful Dreamer a lot and it never gets old.
  • edited December 2009
    Shawshank Redemption (I could watch this every month and not get tired of it, it's just so good)
    All of Miyazaki's films minus Spirited Away
    Akira
    Perfect Blue
    Ghost in the Shell
    Wall-E
    Fight Club
    Full Metal Jacket
    The Dark Knight
    Iron Man
    Oldboy
    The Matrix
    End of Evangelion (and the whole series for that matter)
    Pulp Fiction

I'm sure I have more, but it's hard to see my DVD collection from work.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    The Godfather Trilogy
    To Kill A Mockingbird
    The Conversation
    Apocalypse Now
    Léon: The Professional
    The Outsiders (Restored 2005 Version)
    The Warriors (Come out and Play-yay!!)
    Goodfellas
    Leaving Las Vegas
    Midnight Cowboy
    Metropolis
    Taxi Driver
    American Gigolo
    Raging Bull
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Stand By Me
    Citizen Kane
    Fight Club
    Up
    Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    Any Stanley Kubrick film
    Many Alfred Hitchcock films
    Most of Mel Brook's films
    Any Studio Ghibli production
    The Secret of NIMH
    Titan A.E.
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    The Red Balloon
    La Belle et la Bete
    Charlton Heston's Planet of the Apes
    Star Wars (episodes 3-6)
    Fantasia
    Almost All of Kevin Smith's Films
    Akira
    Brazil
    12 Monkeys
    The Sixth Sense
    Jaws I
    Paper Moon
    and Gran Torino
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Jaws I
    Why did you put a 1 there? There were never any sequels, just one Jaws movie.
  • Die Hard 1, 3, 4
    Indiana Jones 1-3
    Ever After
    Never Been Kissed
    Little Women
  • Tron
    Blade Runner
    In the Mouth of Madness
    Dark City
    The Empire Strikes Back
  • -The Fifth Element
    -Brotherhood of the Wolf
    -Supertroopers
    -Starship Troopers
  • -Brotherhood of the Wolf
    Really? Sitting through that movie once was painful enough. It doesn't even have a campy-fun re-watch factor.
  • Really? Sitting through that movie once was painful enough. It doesn't even have a campy-fun re-watch factor.
    I loved that movie. It's the only I've gone looking for to buy.
  • -Supertroopers
    I'll believe ya when me shit turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbert.

I adore that movie.
  • Supertroopers
    If someone says shenanagins one more time, I'll pistol-whip em'!
  • - Stardust
    - Equilibrium
    - Fun With Dick & Jane (the newer one)
    - Yes Man
    - Wall-E & Finding Nemo
    - Attack the Gas Station
    - LotR trilogy
    - The Running Man
    - Jungle 2 Jungle
    - Back to the Future trilogy
    - Catch Me If You Can
    - Most of the Harry Potter movies
    - Galaxy Quest
    - V for Vendetta

Seeing these lists reminds me that there's a lot of highly-acclaimed movies I haven't seen yet.
  • Sounding remarkably similar to many people before me...
    • Star Wars IV, V, VI
    • The Fifth Element
    • The Incredibles
    • Starship Troopers
    • The Blues Brothers
    • Léon (The Professional)
    • Chicken Run
    • Garden State
    • Shaun of the Dead
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    Sounding remarkably similar to many people before me...
    Oh shit, I forgot to add that one! That's a really-well done movie with Jean Reno at one of his finest as well as Natalie Portman's first acting role I believe.
    EDIT: As a matter of a fact, here is Part 1 a very interesting short feature on the DVD, showcasing Natalie's account of the experience and her thoughts 10 years later...
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Sounding remarkably similar to many people before me...
    Oh shit, I forgot to add that one! That's a really-well done movie with Jean Reno at one of his finest as well as Natalie Portman's first acting role I believe.
    Yeah, damn good film.
    She's in Garden State too, actually. Probably not quite as good a film as Léon, and a lot of people hate it, but it just seems to resonate with me a bit - I'm not sure why, it just seems to have this sort of 'feel' about it. Maybe someone else who has seen it can put it better.
  • Stargate. I believe someone else mentioned this, but I re-watched it tonight. I was such a fangirl for this movie when it came out and still am. My coworkers, from the video store, and I would constantly play this when we worked. I also had the soundtrack, which I need to find. I hear so many good things about the TV series, but I never got into it because it didn't have Kurt Russell or James Spader, but I think it would be interesting to see what they did with the Stargate Universe.

This is probably one of better Roland Emmerich films I never get tired of, other than The Patriot. He really should stop with the apocalyptic movies and make more movies like the aforementioned.
  • The Big Lewbowski
    Conan the Barbarian
    Branagh's Hamlet
    Labyrinth
    Sneakers
    Sexy Beast
    Subway
    The Hobbit (animated)
    T2
  • Anchorman: the Legend of Ron Burgundy. If you don't like that movie, I will punch you. That's no lie.
  • Anchorman: the Legend of Ron Burgundy. If you don't like that movie, I will punch you. That's no lie.
    Good thing I'll probably never meet you in person.
    That was Will Ferrel's peak when it came to comedy, then he just sank like a rock.
  • That was Will Ferrel's peak when it came to comedy, then he just sank like a rock.
    Talladega Nights was also great, as was his cameo in Wedding Crashers, and Stranger than Fiction.
  • That was Will Ferrel's peak when it came to comedy, then he just sank like a rock.
    Talladega Nights was also great, as was his cameo in Wedding Crashers, and Stranger than Fiction.
    Tallaedga Nights was the line for me for unfunny. I really disliked Wedding Crashers. Stranger than Fiction is probably the best movie he has ever done because he showed he could do a dramatic movie and pull it off.
    Tallaedga Nights was the line for me for unfunny. I really disliked Wedding Crashers. Stranger than Fiction is probably the best movie he has ever done because he showed he could do a dramatic movie and pull it off.
    I'm not a fan of Wedding Crashers either, but Talladega Nights was hilarious in terms of stupidity, like Happy Gilmore. And Will Ferrel said hismelf that he didn't know anything about Nascar during the production of that movie, so with that fact in mine, it makes the film twice as funny.
  • Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky.
  • I watched Talledega Nights and didn't laugh once. It was painfully unfunny.
  • I watched Talledega Nights and didn't laugh once. It was painfully unfunny.
    QFT.
  • - The Iron Giant
    - Ratatouille
    - Princess Mononoke and Other Ghibli movies
    - Beauty and the Beast
    - Lilo and Stitch
    - The Fifth Element
    - Old Star Wars
    - Lord of the Rings Trilogy
  • - The Fifth Element
    I'm rather reticent on seeing that movie because of how much I dislike Milla Jovovich since she nearly murdered the Resident Evil series for me.
    - Princess Mononoke
    I'm going to admit something that may or may not make heads roll. Princess Mononoke is my most disliked Miyazaki movie. There I said it, I'm ready for the rifles. The reason why is that I was too young when I first saw that movie and it scared the everliving shit out of me (especially when the Shishigami's head is chopped off). I tried revisiting it much later, but sadly it didn't do anything for me because that younger experience was traumatizing to me.