This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hudson Valley Garlic Festival Sept. 26th & 27th.

edited August 2009 in Everything Else
I'm planning on going to the Hudson Valley Garlic Festival Sept. 26th & 27th. It's in Saugerties, NY right off 87 about half way between Beacon and Albany. I've been a few years in a row and it's very good. Lots of vendor, some performers and garlic. Lots and lots and lots of garlic: Raw garlic, garlic pickles, chocolate garlic, garlic ice cream, garlic infused vinegar, fried garlic (one of my favorites) and more... It costs 10$ to get in and most of the vendors have free samples of their stuff. Their a bunch of different types of garlic at this place some of my favorite being Elephant Ear and Music, but they change is up every year with what's new and what grows.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    And they say the internet is the home of bizarre, niche gatherings. That sounds totally worth going to, though.

Whoever posts the inevitable vampire joke, make sure it's a good one.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Hahaha. My mom lives in Saugerties. I was just there until today. I went to the Duchess County Fair a few days ago; that was pretty fun.
  • I will probably be in Rochester visiting my folks for my birthday. I was really looking forward to a garlic apple pie. Wyatt, if I gave you the money, would you pick one up for me (and a recipe if it is available)?