This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geo's Con Photos

Comments

• Ah yeah. That Kat. She's also a designer too so it can be confusing.

Lordyupa, I hope that family friend comes through for you.
  • Very nice photos. I look forward to photos from future events that I cannot attend.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    Very nice photos. I look forward to photos from future events that I cannot attend.
    Why thank you. There will indeed be more pics in the future...next time at NEW YORK ANIME FESTIVAL '09: Terror of the Tomino Titan !!!!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Those were some great photos of the FRC gang. If you're camera does video you might want to do short video clips of the next anime convention you go to. I had family members add short video clips along with their photos on their last vacation and it really added to the whole thing.
  • Man, Lordyupa, your interests are an inch thick and a mile wide. Starting a short film company, building a sailboat, becoming a bartender, building a dark room... I'd really like to see something come from all these suppositions :)
    I think it's definitely a good idea to dabble in a lot of things when you're young, so you can figure out which things you REALLY want to purssue. At some point, though, you probably want to narrow it down so you can really start getting shit done. I used to be involved in a lot of things, and I spent a long time playing in a band, doing martial arts, etc. While I'm glad I did all those things, it really did keep me from what I should've been doing, and as a result, I'm about 7 years behind where I feel like I should be in my career.
  • Ah yeah. That Kat. She's also a designer too so it can be confusing.
    Oh, awesome. There's a way to differentiate your names besides one "O" instead of two "E"s. That's good to know.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    Those were some great photos of the FRC gang. If you're camera does video you might want to do short video clips of the next anime convention you go to. I had family members add short video clips along with their photos on their last vacation and it really added to the whole thing.
    If I ever get a video camera, like a really good one that requires a tripod and all that jazz, I will, with the crew's permission as I know as a filmmaker that a lot of people feel really nervous when on camera, record some of their panels.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    Those were some great photos of the FRC gang. If you're camera does video you might want to do short video clips of the next anime convention you go to. I had family members add short video clips along with their photos on their last vacation and it really added to the whole thing.
    If I ever get a video camera, like a really good one that requires a tripod and all that jazz, I will, with the crew's permission as I know as a filmmaker that a lot of people feel really nervous when on camera, record some of their panels.
    What I mean is, I want to make it not look a punk kid recorded this. I want the level of professionalism to be high enough so that it will dwarf any punk kids' efforts to make videos of panels, or at least have it at the bare minimum to where it can be considered as such.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Hey, Yupa! I haven't checked the forums in awhile and just saw this thread. Thanks very much for your kind comments about my panel. I'm glad you liked it :)
  • Hey, Yupa! I haven't checked the forums in awhile and just saw this thread. Thanks very much for your kind comments about my panel. I'm glad you liked it :)
    You're welcome ^_^ I still stand by what I said on my Flickr, I hope to see more from you at cons in the future.
  • Wow, 1,239 photos of your crotch. Way to go Brittany Spears.
  • Wow, 1,239 photos of your crotch. Way to go Brittany Spears.
    You may be banned, but that won't stop me from saying that you are absolutely pathetic.
  • edited September 2009
    Chois, you have to be at least as annoying as Nineless.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Chois, you have to be at least as annoying as Nineless.
    Ahhh...it's always entertaining to watch the epic struggle of Omnutia vs. Nineless vs. churba -munching on popcorn-.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    After a ridiculously long time of stalling and because I had other crap to do. I now present a very small set of photos that I took at the New York City Anime Festival of '09. Only about two pics of Scrym so nothing too major. The reason as to why there are so few pics, is that I only went for a day and they only did one panel. After that was over, they quickly retreated back to their homes.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • We were doing awesome stuff in Soho that day instead of boring anime con, so it was 2 more better.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2009
    We were doing awesome stuff in Soho that day instead of boring anime con, so it was 2 more better.
    Yeah, I guess that counts as a more fulfilling day than the same anime con that I assume you've been to a bajillion times before.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • RymRym
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I guess that counts as a more fulfilling day than the same anime con that I assume you've been to a bajillion times before.
    Anime Boston was so fun largely because it was the first anime con in a long time where we eschewed most of our usual responsibilities and just hung out with our friends in a novel setting. It has all the benefits of Otakon but without the hassle.

We're actually excited about the combined NYAF/NYCC, but really only in a professional sense. I would probably attend at most one or two anime cons a year were it not effectively a job for us, and I have a hard time saying that those two would be anything other than Otakon and Anime Boston. ^_~
    Post edited by Rym on
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2010
    Connecticon '10 Photos.
    As time goes on, the amount of photos I can take at Connecticon is starting to shrink more and more due to repitition. However Otakon, NYAF/NYCC, MagFest, and Zenkaikon will remedy that :)
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Connecticon '10 Photos.
    Hey, there is a picture of me and Ananth in there. Cool.
  • What the hell, they shrunk Nuri.
  • edited July 2010
    What the hell, they shrunk Nuri.
    No, No, I'm just that small. That laptop is also ginormous.

Geo, Pete is a little bit wrong there. I wouldn't really call knitting my primary geekery... maybe the fiber arts in general, or crafting. I just like making stuff. Pete is hyper-aware of my current phase of constant knitting and spinning because I'm living with him and that's what I'm doing in my spare time this summer, but it isn't always like that. Oh yeah; you put in a valiant effort to learn to knit. I can't believe there were like 4 left-handed people there trying to learn; I should have put you all together in a group so you could help each other. Anyway, some people have better fine motor skills than others, and it takes tons of practice to really get it down, even if you have awesome fine motor skills. You shouldn't feel too faily about it. 1 hour is not long enough to teach 15 people how to knit! I was expecting like... 6 newbies to show up. Next time I will do a dedicated 101-level class first, and I will recruit help.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited July 2010
    I wouldn't really call knitting my primary geekery...
    Nuri, the only time you stopped knitting/spinning was to do your panel.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Nuri, the only time you stopped knitting/spinning was to do your panel.
    I just had an adorable mental image of Nuri, spinning around really fast while knitting.
  • I wouldn't really call knitting my primary geekery...
    Okay, and that was what, one weekend? If someone is a huge gamer and only likes anime in passing, and they go to an anime marathon and do anime shit all weekend, that does not make anime their primary geekery. Also, spinning is not knitting.
  • You were complaining you had "spinning shoulder."
  • Dude, that Army Men cosplay is so awesome.
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2010
    Dude, that Army Men cosplay is so awesome
    Best cosplay of the con in my opinion. The stands they stood on were detachable even!
    I just had an adorable mental image of Nuri, spinning around really fast while knitting.
    That mental image was in fact real as I saw her do it at Pete's Beer Beer panel. She'd be knitting and glancing up at Pete every now and then, and then go back to knitting. I assume that it happened many more times throughout the con.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited July 2010
    She'd be knitting and glancing up at Pete every now and then, and then go back to knitting.
    Maybe next year you could cosplay as a Tricoteuse, Nuri. ;P
    Post edited by loltsundere on
  • Dude, that Army Men cosplay is so awesome
    Best cosplay of the con in my opinion. The stands they stood on were detachable even!
    I don't know, did you see the steampunk TF2 trio? They were pretty awesome.