This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Burning Geekchat

Comments

edited November 2009
    Pardon the double post, but here's the burning geekchat - I don't know the order, but here's the whole thing.
    And so it was uploaded. The entire trainwreck that starts with railroading Nine's character's ass into jail and queries about whether to record or not.

EDIT: Oh god, the main fucking thing is a fucking hour and 15 minutes long.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Kate, you have wave, yes? We've been posting our character sheets there. I think most characters are 5LPs.
  • I got the invite but haven't set it up yet. I can do so trivially at any time.
  • Total serious business narration: "You notice a disabled fellow. Or rather, ehm, what's that totally offensive term? A fucking cripple."
  • edited November 2009
    Four or five lifepaths ought to do it.

EDIT: Glad I'm such a hit.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I'm going to head back to my house. I will be out of communication for roughly an hour. INB4 20+ new replies.
  • So, it looks like I will be joining y'all! ^_^
  • Yay! Kate and I should join in the next session.

By the by, when should that be?
  • And so it was uploaded. The entire trainwreck that starts with railroading Nine's character's ass into jail and queries about whether to record or not.
    If your character had to be railroaded into jail you are doing it wrong. Getting yourself in jail using your instinct is the manly way and it gives you artha.
  • If your character had to be railroaded into jail you are doing it wrong. Getting yourself in jail using your instinct is the manly way and it gives you artha.
    We were just going along with Grey's insistences. What we really should have done is assumed that all that crap already happened and got on with it.
  • We were just going along with Grey's insistences. What we really should have done is assumed that all that crap already happened and got on with it.
    Yeah.
  • We were just going along with Grey's insistences. What we really should have done is assumed that all that crap already happened and got on with it.
    That's pretty much what we did - We just described the events later on, after they'd already happened. Where we pick up the game, Gunter is already drunk, and Nine is already in jail.
  • That's pretty much what we did - We just described the events later on, after they'd already happened. Where we pick up the game, Gunter is already drunk, and Nine is already in jail.
    Well, no matter where you pick up, I'm already drunk.
  • I may be interested in this depending on what becomes of the FRC's game...
  • edited November 2009
    Well, no matter where you pick up, I'm already drunk.
    I was talking about the game.
    Post edited by Churba on
    I'm interested too, but it seems to be getting crowded.
    If you haven't yet listened to the recordings, let me tell you, it can only improve.
  • Thank you for the ringing endorsement, Churba.
  • Thank you for the ringing endorsement, Churba.
    Oh, says the first time GM doing his best to Mr "I suddenly realized I can't read"? You did better than I did, that's for sure. My acting was good, but my burning wheel playing was utterly, utterly hopeless.
  • So, um. Second session anyone? When are people free?
  • Not over thanksgiving weekend, and I'm pretty sure Gunter cant even consider it until after NaNoWriMo is over. I'll be leaving today so I'll be out of communication for a few days. Think about goals for your characters.
  • I will not be able to burn my character until next week at the earliest.
  • Okay, Since Wave and Skype aren't working out for organizing this thing I guess we'll use this thread. Speaking of such, I would like to get the ball rolling for doing at least one session over the holidays. Who has their characters done, and when will you be available to play in the coming weeks?
  • I'm free most of the break. I'm going down to NYC around New Years, but I'll be available. I just need to finish two beliefs and my instincts and I'm good to go.
  • I will be at my folks house and unavailable from 12/24 - 12/27 I am also going to be unavailable from 12/31 - 1/3. I am available for gaming after 6:30 p.m. EST most Mon - Thurs. My band seems to be practicing on either Tuesdays or Wednesdays, but I can let you guys know each week. I don't know what my weekend plans are for January other than teh first weekend, but am sure I would work something out if y'all prefer weekends.
  • Nineless, churba, Gunter, what about you?
  • I'm in, barring extenuating circumstances.
  • My band seems to be practicing on either Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
    You have a band? What kind?
  • I'm in, barring extenuating circumstances.
    What he said. There will be friends and family visiting periodically over winter break, but I'll have plenty of free time.
  • I guess I need to work on my organizing skill or something. Is the 28th sufficient for everyone, or would January 4th be better? After our first session, how soon should we meet? Which arcs do you want me to prepare? All of these are important questions. Make sure to answer them, all of you.