This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Burning Geekchat

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Is the 28th sufficient for everyone, or would January 4th be better?
    January is probably better for me.
    After our first session, how soon should we meet
    Once every other week?
    Which arcs do you want me to prepare?
    That's a tough one. If you mean what I think you mean, I don't think I can answer this until we actually have some sort of overarching goal as a party. People need to burn characters, and we need to start bouncing ideas around as to how we can tie it all together. Let's put the Wave to use.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Seriously guys, if you want this to happen we all have to get on the ball.
  • My band seems to be practicing on either Tuesdays or Wednesdays.
    You have a band? What kind?
    Downer Folk Rock
  • Where are you guys aren't you interested in this?
  • Hey, things have settled down now. I'm in whenever, though I'd prefer Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.
  • What time of day? Also, if you are saying when you want to meet, shouldn't you finish your character first?
  • I'm still interested, of course. I just need to get Skype working on Ubuntu.
  • I wanted to join, but, I never played Burning wheel before, I'll be a total failure. XD
  • edited January 2010
    I wanted to join, but, I never played Burning wheel before, I'll be a total failure. XD
    That's basically all of us. Did you listen to the audio bits? It was a disaster. I'd invite you to join, but we are full up. On the other hand, since some of the people are dragging their feet and haven't completed their character's. (I'm looking at you Kate, Nelson, and Nineless. 0"_"0 ) I'm going to make this a contest. The first three people to complete their characters and email them to me (subject to a proofreading) are in.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • It was ahilariously awesome disaster.
    FTFY.
  • It was ahilariously awesomedisaster.
    FTFY.
    That's just like your opinion.
  • That's just like your opinion THE AWESOME TRUTH, SON! INTERNET HIGH FIVE!.
    FTFY.
  • That's just likeyour opinionTHE AWESOME TRUTH, SON! INTERNET HIGH FIVE!.
    FTFY.
    Alright fine, GIVE ME THAT CHRISTIAN SIDE-HUG BROTHER!
  • Alright fine, GIVE ME THAT CHRISTIAN SIDE-HUG BROTHER!
    Hell no, Sinful Front hugs is how I roll, Son!
  • Right. Now I'm back on the forum. That was a weird hiatus. I should have my character done by tomorrow (hopefully).
  • Right. Now I'm back on the forum. That was a weird hiatus. I should have my character done by tomorrow (hopefully).
    I'm glad you're back. I've got some generic adventures running around in my head, but I take from the books that it's the characters that are supposed to drive the plot, no? As always I would appreciate any specific questions you lords and ladies have about the setting.
  • Another slot has been filled, waiting for two more characters/players. Be sure to check up on the wave.
  • Cool beans. My character is pretty much done, and I'm posting on the wave.
  • Alright, I'm tired of waiting for people to finish their characters. We're starting next Saturday. If you aren't ready by then, you're not playing.
  • Yipes. Can we do Thursday or Friday instead?
  • Yipes. Can we do Thursday or Friday instead?
    Saturday is the deadline. Final Destination.
  • Burning GeekChat is still ongoing, we've ran "The Sword" this week and the week before as preparatory exercise. However, we are still short a few people that have either decided not to show, or simply forgot. We are meeting Saturday at 5:00 PM EST every week, If this does not fit into your schedule SPEAK UP, I can't read your mind. We will be beginning the campaign proper tomorrow, make sure to get some rest, as I don't know how long this will take. If you have any questions or concerns they can be posted here or you can send them to my gmail, greyhuge.
  • Burning GeekChat is still ongoing, we've ran "The Sword" this week and the week before as preparatory exercise
    That Pointy-ear Bastard.
  • Burning GeekChat is still ongoing, we've ran "The Sword" this week and the week before as preparatory exercise
    That Pointy-earBastard.
    Aw man!! I would have been able to play a demo! Next time you guys are doing "The Sword" (since I'm too po' to buy the books), can you announce it please?
  • edited March 2010
    We are meeting Saturday at 5:00 PM EST every week, If this does not fit into your schedule SPEAK UP, I can't read your mind.
    I thought I already made it pretty clear that 5:00 doesn't work for me, but I suppose not. 6:00-6:30 would be much more convenient.
    That Pointy-earBastard.
    I promise not to be a complete bastard in the next campaign. :P
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited March 2010
    I promise not to be acompletebastard in the next campaign. :P
    Eh, I still managed to rachet you up to a B8 grief panalty, If we ran those characters again, you'd have to be pretty saintly, or you're at risk of dropping dead from grief. I can't complain too much.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I promise not to be acompletebastard in the next campaign. :P
    Eh, I still managed to rachet you up to a B8 grief panalty, If we ran those characters again, you'd have to be pretty saintly, or you're at risk of dropping dead from grief. I can't complain too much.
    Well, actually, to advance it all the way to ten I would need about a dozen more Difficult and Challenging tests of Grief. It's definitely more of a campaign mechanic.
  • edited March 2010
    Well, actually, to advance it all the way to ten I would need about a dozen more Difficult and Challenging tests of Grief. It's definitely more of a campaign mechanic.
    That was the assumption I was making, as the only way we'd be going back to them would be for a longer campaign - over a long campaign, overall, you'd have to be pretty good, happy, and happy-nice hippy with flowers in your long silken hair so that you were not to risk too many difficult or challenging tests of grief. Let's face it, You broke a deal, and thumped a bloke in the back of the head, and then tied him up and left him in such a way that he would get away soon enough, and you ended up with a B8, I can only imagine what a longer campaign would do for the poor pointy ear bastard.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited March 2010
    Let's face it, You broke a deal, and thumped a bloke in the back of the head, and then tied him up and left him in such a way that he would get away soon enough, and you ended up with a B8, I can only imagine what a longer campaign would do for the poor pointy ear bastard.
    I'd go down with two fingers held high. I'll let you guess which ones.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I'd go down with two fingers held high. I'll let you guess which ones.
    Quiet down, ya pointy eared emo, before you cry yourself to death.