This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Burning Geekchat

124»

Comments

• Burning Geek-Chat: Hero Beginning! Will start in a few minutes.
  • edited March 2010
    Due to jetlag I'm awake and have nothing to do. Can I listen live? Skype me luke.burrage if I can.
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • Me too, please! "Funfetus" on Skype.
  • Oh crap, this was a while ago, you guys still game?
  • Here's the first session, it ended up just being me and Gunter since we're the only ones who bother to show up. I understand churba was entertaining guests, but I have no idea what Yosho's excuse was. Whatever. enjoy.
    First Session
  • I can't believe that woman didn't even stay conscious long enough for me to swindle her out of more money. :P
  • Woah, hey, just got your email. That was weird.
  • I won't be able to make it this Saturday, as I will be chillin' on a cold beach. I'll probably be back next weekend.
  • Woah, hey, just got your email. That was weird.
    Right, did you answer it?
  • I'm not sure what my reply should be. I'm interested in joining, but how many sessions have I missed? Just the one? Also, do we have a regular schedule now?
  • I'm not sure what my reply should be. I'm interested in joining, but how many sessions have I missed? Just the one? Also, do we have a regular schedule now?
    We've run at least one Sword, one game which may have been the sword that I wasnt there for, and one game solo between Grey and Gunter, so you're not missing much so far.
    The solo between me and Gunter has no effect on the overall plot, I had planned to roleplay then, so I did.
  • Everyone needs to get in here right now.
  • You are all fired. Don't bother coming in tomorrow, I'll have security deliver your things to your houses.
  • edited June 2010
    Grey, Code, and I played a one-off tonight. I played an accountant who was about to elope with the woman I love, and Code played a count who was pressuring the very same woman's parents to arrange a marriage with him. Seeing me as a threat, he sent a hitman after me, who accidentally killed the girl instead. What followed was an extended game of a cat and mouse, with him pulling strings in the local law enforcement to locate and kill me, and me desperately using every connection I had to discover his identity and avoid death long enough to murder him. It ended with me shooting him in the back from the bushes in front of his keep, rushing with my sword to make sure the job was finished, and him stabbing me with a poisoned needle just as I did so. We both died.

Good game, guys, good game.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I need to get in on some of this.
  • edited June 2010
    That'd be pretty cool, but the main problem that comes with the Burning Geekchat is the call quality in Skype. If we get more than three people in a call who are on opposite sides of the ocean/country it gets to the point where you have to start repeating yourself, which is no good in an RPG.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • lol, yeah, that can be a problem. Anyways it was a pretty fun game, and I managed to remember a surprising number of rules (or at least where they are located). I'm looking forward to the next one so that you guys can see a bit of my GMing skills, or lack thereof.
  • CURSE YOU POWER OUTAGE!
  • edited June 2010
    So we're starting a new campaign that I'm going to be GMing. The setting is what Gunter aptly described as 'generic burning wheel where some aliens crashed'. It's like a post apocalypse/fantasy setting with little clusters and bits of advanced technology, so think along the lines of trigun.

Otherwise the characters that are being burned are two hitmen who are looking for some cash to keep surviving. The opening scenario is this: A village that's being raided by a local gang hired the characters in order to kill the arms dealer supplying them with weapons and ammunition.

other things that might be encountered in future games:
    drug addicted 'wizards' (magic is just very advanced tech in this world)
    cult leading AI's
    clone facilities
    shape shifting assassins
    sentient nano machine computers
    Post edited by Sova on
  • edited August 2010
    The town of Leeds, where it always fuckin' rains.
    Fuckin' rain.
    I should do a highlight reel from the previous FRCFBC(Front row Crew forums Breakfast club) game. I'm re-listening now, and the shit's hilarious.

Edit -
    Goddamnit, I'm laughing so hard I have tears in my eyes, and my housemate came down trying to figure out what the fuck was up.

Double edit -Now my housemate is laughing so hard he has tears in his eyes, and wants a copy.
    Ah, What's that really offensive term...ah! You see this fucking cripple getting drunk. graargh paragh prargh prargh. That's the sound of a cripple getting drunk.
    Finish your fuckin' drink, we're off.
    I shall, with relish
    Put whatever ya fuckin' like in it, just fucking finish it.
    Post edited by Churba on