This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 090930 - Rewatching Anime

2»

Comments

• I want to rewatch Bebop as a drinking game. Only one rule: "Drink when Spike is the biggest badass ever."
    Are you intentionally trying to kill yourself?
  • I want to rewatch Bebop as a drinking game. Only one rule: "Drink when Spike is the biggest badass ever."
    Are you intentionally trying to kill yourself?
    Not really. You could only do a single episode.

I wish I could find Galaxy Express 999 on DVD.
  • I haven't re watched allot of anime yet due to the fact there's so many acclaimed shows I have yet to see I feel bad about using time to re-consume old media. The shows I have re-watched are Escaflowne and Trigun, mainly due to the fact that they were among the first shows I ever watched and well faded in memory.

Escaflowne I didn't gain much on the re-watching. Show is good... but basic enough that I didn't gain any new insight. Trigun on the other hand, re watching the show with the knowledge of Vash and Knives history and the guilt Vash feels for the people completely changes allot of the viewing of the show. It became much more depressing then the first time I watched the series.
  • edited October 2009
    Are you going to do a show about replaying video games?
    I'm currently replaying Ocarina of Time for what I think may be the last time for a long time and, having played it so many times, I've reached the point where I feel as though I'm going through the motions so I'll probably leave it about three to five years before I play through it again (As opposed to every other year or so, as I do now.).

I've still got Wind Waker and Twilight Princess to play though, so I'm going to have many fun nights of Zelda ahead of me.

Also: Why is Jay still on probation? If that banner is supposed to mean anything, using it properly is important; He spells better than me.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Are you going to do a show about replaying video games?
    I'm currently replaying Ocarina of Time for what I think may be the last time for a long time and, having played it so many times, I've reached the point where I feel as though I'm going through the motions so I'll probably leave it about three to five years before I play through it again (As opposed to every other year or so, as I do now.).

I've still got Wind Waker and Twilight Princess to play though, so I'm going to have many fun nights of Zelda ahead of me.
    I would say you do have some fun nights of Zelda. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are fantastic games, almost on part with OoT itself. I still prefer A Link to the Past to all of them, but they're still great.
  • Link to the Past is good but I would suggest people get it for GBA as it's much easier to accept as a portable game in this era.
  • For me, I constantly re-watch Mobile FIghter G-Gundam. To the point that I had the Rose Gundam tattooed on my right arm.
  • For me, I constantly re-watch Mobile FIghter G-Gundam. To the point that I had the Rose Gundam tattooed on my right arm.
    That is pretty awesome, I must say. I love G Gundam, even though I know it's a "bad" show. It just makes me happy.
    Link to the Past is good but I would suggest people get it for GBA as it's much easier to accept as a portable game in this era.
    I played it on the SNES long ago, and downloaded it for the VC. I just was never interested in the portable version, although I suppose you're right. VC is probably cheaper, though.
  • If you played it a long time ago, you've still got the nostalgia but for those playing it for the first time, the graphics and style are much more at home on the GBA/DS.
  • If you played it a long time ago, you've still got the nostalgia but for those playing it for the first time, the graphics and style are much more at home on the GBA/DS.
    True, but again, it is cheaper on the Virtual Console, and people expect Virtual Console games to have worse graphics.

Hmmmmm...
  • Speaking of rewatching anime I finally bought the last 2 DVDs of the series X, something I collected the first 6 DVDs of way back in high school.
  • I still enjoy watching Tenchi Muyo and El-Hazard.
    El-Hazard is probably my favorite harem-esque show ever. I don't really consider it a harem show, but it certainly has a lot of those elements in it.
    El-Hazard is probably my favorite harem-esque show ever. I don'treallyconsider it a harem show, but it certainly has a lot of those elements in it.
    In the OVA there is only 2 girls going after 1 guy so its not too harem-esque. Just a love triangle, and a weak one at that. In the animated series I can definitely see some harem elements though. But, to be honest, the animated series shouldn't be what your watching anyway.

On a side note El-Hazard holds a special place as one of the few things that has ever made me tear up.
  • I should probably take the time to legit watch Trigun. However, I'm also interested in the manga. Is it worth the read?
  • However, I'm also interested in the manga. Is it worth the read?
    No.
  • I should probably take the time to legit watch Trigun. However, I'm also interested in the manga. Is it worth the read?
    It's very pretty, but completely incomprehensible.
  • I don't remember it being that tough to follow. Maybe that's just me tho.
  • It's very pretty, but completely incomprehensible.
    So it's kind of like X then? (Come to think of it, anything by CLAMP would fit this description.)
  • It's very pretty, but completely incomprehensible.
    So it's kind of like X then? (Come to think of it, anything by CLAMP would fit this description.)
    Chobits was entirely comprehensible.
  • Chobits was entirely awful.
    Fixed that for you. After you find out where Chi's on/off switch is, that's basically all of the content you're going to get out of the show.
  • edited December 2009
    Chobits was entirelyawful.
    Fixed that for you. After you find out where Chi's on/off switch is, that's basically all of the content you're going to get out of the show.
    The manga was OK. Never saw the anime. I have a thing for CLAMP, tho. It's called my penis.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited December 2009
    Chobits was entirely awful.
    The manga was OK. Never saw the anime. I have a thing for CLAMP, tho.It's called my penis.
    I have a saying. "Chobits is a good 18 episode show...too bad it's 26 episodes long." I almost gave up on the show after I saw the offending on/off switch, but the good comedy fixed that for me.

P.S. I like the pre-Tsubasa CLAMP (especially X) a lot, but at some point I just started looking at the pretty pictures.
    Post edited by progSHELL on