This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Coffee

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I usually make a cup of Aeropress (or drip when I'm in the office, since we get Blue Bottle and Intelligencia beans) in the morning, and tend to save espresso-based drinks for the afternoon/evening when I'm at a cafe and/or hanging out with friends. With tea, I don't differentiate time-of-day flavors as much.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Ross is a good place to get not terrible coffee. I'll usually take a mug with milk in the morning (Much as I like black, both my mother and I get splitting headaches from it.) and then use the same grounds to make a second, weaker, mug in the evenings.
  • My sister was baffled to discover in Canada that Drip Coffee is actually a thing in some places, not just the shitty coffee you get on aircraft, and that you used to get in Mcdonalds, or in workplaces to cheap to spring for a real coffee maker but whom want to have a coffee maker instead of a jar of instant. It's not really the most common thing, here, expresso machines are by far the most common and more popular method.
  • edited April 2013
    I average about 60oz of black coffee a day, and I'm a big fan of just having a Chemex or a French press and an electric kettle. Tastes so good! I'm on the same page as Nelson about espresso-based drinks, mainly because of their relative expense.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I am guessing that caffeine has no effect on you.
  • Drip coffee is actually incredibly common here. Before getting onto the internet and meeting people who are really into their coffee, drip and espresso was all I ever knew existed. If I walked into any family's home prior to a few years ago, I would expect them to have a drip coffee maker. Now I'd say it's a toss up whether they have that, a K-cup machine, or both.
  • In high school, my dad would make two cappuccinos every morning. One of those with some jam on toast is perhaps the perfect breakfast.
  • I am guessing that caffeine has no effect on you.
    Yeah, I just kind of started drinking it like water when I wanted to lose weight. It has no calories, tastes great, and keeps your appetite at bay. It still helps me wake up, but that's all placebo and withdrawal.

• Turkish coffee is pretty boss. Lots of people can't stand it but I find it pleasant.
  • Turkish coffee is pretty boss. Lots of people can't stand it but I find it pleasant.
    I like it a lot better than drip coffee. Seriously, best breakfast? Just hanging out, sun coming up, sitting in the boot of your car, tray of your ute, or back of your van, looking out over the ocean with the sun coming up, Big Moroccan breakfast with you and a ton of turkish coffee.
  • Having no idea what a Moroccan Breakfast is, I googled it and saw this.

I am still confused.
  • I was thinking something along those lines. Before I was so sensitized to coffee, I had a wonderful breakfast at a cafe in mexico... orange juice, cappuccino, toast and jam.
  • edited April 2013
    When I surfed more often, I used to do that a lot. Admittedly rarely, nowdays.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • IN ENVIRO, MR GAY WAS HAVING US DO DOUBLE BLIND WATER TASTE TESTS AND AS A PALLETE CLEANSER FOR OUR NOSES, HE GAVE US SOME COFFEE RINDS. BEING THE CLASS CLOWN THAT I AM, I POURED A LITTLE ONTO THE BACK OF MY HAND, TOOK OUT MY STUDENT ID TO CHOP IT WITH, AND SNORTED 3 LINES OF GROUND COFFEE BEANS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TYPE OF COFFEE IT IS BUT JESUS SHIT THIS IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF CAFFEINE HIGH I'VE YET SEEN!

BUT YEAH, SO NOW I HAVE A STUFFED NOSE, BUT NOT LIKE YOU'D EXPECT.
  • what the fuck greg
  • AT LEAST I DIDN'T SMOKE IT -- WHICH I HAVE BEEN TOLD ALSO WORKS.
  • what the fuck greg
  • Y'know what they never show in the movies: when you snort something, that shit stays up there. I should've been able to figure this out "well, some of it must stay in the nasal cavity", but I didn't. My nose felt kind of funny all day, but I didn't think there was anything up there until 6th period when I sneezed it out. Second weirdest sneeze I've ever sneezed.
  • Well, the drugs that one traditionally consumes nasally dissolve completely (or nearly so) by design.

Coffee, on the other hand, won't actually dissolve...
  • You can actually buy caffeine snuff-pods. They're okay I guess.
  • edited September 2013
    Ground up pro-plus would be a better idea but you would want only a tiny ammount (Cut a pill into 4.) as the hit would be extremely concentrated.

Also, don't.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Just snort cocaine. That's what its for.
  • edited September 2013
    I would actually bump a little coke before I snorted coffee.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Coffee would smell better.
  • You gotta neti pot your coffee. That's the nasal way. Yeah... nah.
  • Tried out making cold brew coffee.
    I ended up putting only 1 litre of water in 250g of coffee when it should have been 1.5 litres but still works great.

I don't think I'll be buying freeze dried coffee any more. Just put in 75 - 100mls of cold brew into anything I want to make from a latte, ice coffee, coffee flavoured milk, affagatos or just regular hot coffee.
  • Coffee/chickory mix + whipped cream + cinnamon sugar + Dr Pepper sauce = best coffee I can make at home until I get the gingerbread syrup from Starbucks.
  • Greg said:

Coffee/chickory mix + whipped cream + cinnamon sugar + Dr Pepper sauce

I am intrigued.

• Tea, rather than coffee, but I had never heard of a London fog latte until yesterday, and now I really want one.
    It's basically sweetened earl grey tea with some steamed milk and vanilla extract or syrup, plus optional lavender.