This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• edited April 2012
    The problem with changing the locks is TECHNICALLY, she's signed on the lease until early June, and there's apparently not a way to get her off the lease without her consent. Changing the locks, while compelling, would probably break our lease agreement.
    Like people have said, definitely take a close look at the lease agreement. I'm pretty sure she's probably broken at least one thing in it (did she vacate the apartment without any kind of subletting? Did she break anything?). Look into it.

Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Check the lease but having watched enough Judge Judy I don't think there will be much problem in changing the locks. She may be signed on the lease but she's not living there anymore.
  • edited April 2012
    Booh-Yah: Brought a litre of potent Czech absinthe back from Romania. Poured my Aussie flatmate a double of it before she left for the night, had two doubles myself. It's really good and was only 18 euro per 0.5L.

Fail, for the Aussie flatmate: I jokingly explained via Facebook that the absinthe was "an olive branch," since we always fight. That was around midnight. Twelve hours later, her reply:

"THE ABSINTHE WAS THE DEATH OF ME."
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited April 2012
    Boo-yah: New appartment -> more space -> nicer (&bigger) TV
    Fail: 67 zip ties later I realize that it's crooked, only 4mm but very noticeable. Remeasuring 5 times didin't help. Also: who manufactures wall mounts that are not adjustable after attaching?!?

Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Boo-yah: Convinced parents to go to PAX
    Fail: Only two days ago. You can figure out how many tickets they still had.
  • edited April 2012
    @Timo It's beautiful.
    @Shadoworc01 Well, PAX Prime 2012 is still an option.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Boo-yah: Convinced parents to go to PAX
    Fail: Only two days ago. You can figure out how many tickets they still had.
    Prime isn't selling tickets yet.
  • Fail: feeling sick today.
    Boo yah: ...because I finally went to the doctor and they gave me antibiotics! Yay being (eventually) healthy!
    Fail: but they weighed me, and I weight 185 lbs. Last time I weighed myself (admittedly 4 years ago) I weighed 145.
    Boo yah: I started doing hardcore crossfit exercise with my roommates, so I'll get into shape!
  • I've heard bad things about crossfit, though I'm not sure whether they're true or not.
  • I've heard bad things about crossfit, though I'm not sure whether they're true or not.
    What bad things have you heard?

• Basically just that it's bullshit and that a lot of the exercises are useless and/or dangerous, with very bad form on the barbells and giant rubber weights to make it more look impressive. I've seen videos of dumb shit, but I have no experience with it and don't know anyone who does, so I don't know what it's really like.
  • Good luck dude, 185 does seem a bit hefty for a guy of your size.
  • Boo-yah: Found LAMB (shanks) for $5 a pound.
    Fail: Found out why lamb shanks are so cheap.
    Boo-yah: Lamb is still awesome.
  • Boo-yah: Found LAMB (shanks) for $5 a pound.
    Fail: Found out why lamb shanks are so cheap.
    Boo-yah: Lamb is still awesome.
    Make a lamb stew next time. Oh damn.

• The teacher I have for a double period is out today, dropping my classes from 3 to 1. But, it's at the end of the day, and I don't know what to do 'till then.
  • Fail: Transition has started today at my work. We are up and running and it's pretty much stressful here, especially on me because I have the most experience and everyone is asking me questions all the time.

Boo-Yah: Better than being bored. I know it's going to be hectic for a while, so I'm not letting it get to me too much. Just something I have to adjust to.
  • Fail: Friend had to undergo partial hospitalization.
    Boo-Yah: I got to say to her everything I wished people had said to me.
  • Boo-Yah: Going to PAX Prime this year.
    Fail: Had to pay an extra $40 because the 3-days sold out before I was done with work.
  • Boo-Yah: Ordered some HD 280 Pro, and they'll be here in two or three days.

Fail: I fucked up hardcore in some of my classes, and I'm now paying Peter the Piper, or however the saying goes. Whatever, what happens, happens.
  • edited May 2012
    Booh-Yah: A guy quit in my department just a few days after my manager let two people go because she disliked them. He did it likely just to piss my manager off, which I commend him for greatly.

Fail: I have to do work that normally is for newer, less skilled people due to short staffing.

Still worth if for the anger it caused my manager though.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Fail: Due to not paying attention to my schedule, I showed up to a final an hour late today.

Boo-Yah: Finished anyways.
  • Boo-yah: Had yet another successful, awesome time at Bloomsday.
    Fail: Body hurts everywhere.
  • Boo-Yah: Had a awesome GeekChat.
    Fail: Stayed up all night because of it.
  • Went to my sister's new place for a barbecue and party. Handled the barbecue well until someone decided to put way too much meat on the grill at once.
    Ended up feeling super sick as a result and missed most of the festivities.
  • This sums up my day:

• Why are we voting today?
  • Why are we voting today?
    This was North Carolina, yesterday.
  • I'm drinking decaf coffee.
    We can't be friends anymore.
    We can't be friends anymore.