This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Boo-Yah: I've been interviewing with different companies for the last few months, and have just received a job offer.

Fail: It's a $2/hour pay cut which amounts to over 15% cut after overtime is factored in.

I'm currently working on my response to ask for more money from their offer.
  • Fail: the power is out for what seems like the whole town. It's pretty serious as there's no weather that would cause this.
    Booyah: I had the only working wifi on the street ...
    Fail: until my battery backup seems to have outlasted the one at the Comcast office and my modem connection died.
    Booyah: I still have running water.

I'm off to sleep.
  • Boo-yah: Went to see a Madagascar 3 with a friend I hadn't seen much recently. It was great fun, lots of laughs and all that. This was the person I knew.

Un-fail: Through being a horrible Santa, it goes in the post tomorrow.

Fail: One of my students has been missing for a week now. I work at an English school at a university. If this were one of the Saudis, nobody would notice, but this guy's always one of the first to class, top marks, all around good guy. But nobody's heard word one from him since last Sunday. Not his friends, not his roommate, not his family, nobody.

Double-fail: Went go Starbucks after to get some tea because it was storming and she's no fan of thunder. Started talking about how she's been kinda sad recently, really homesick (home being China), and how she likes her boyfriend (but only likes) and he doesn't really care about her. Then she tells me that on top of being hit by a car in high school (which I already knew) that she tried to commit suicide. Thankfully a friend found her before it took. Then she got a call from a friend, stepped outside, and came back in crying. Now I'm all kindsa worried.
  • Fail: until my battery backup seems to have outlasted the one at the Comcast office and my modem connection died.
    That's actually pretty cool.

• Boo-Yah: Played several games including Catan for the first time tonight.
    Fail: Mathematically eliminated myself from winning at the start by my two starting choices, meaning I was reduced to kingmaker (which I did)
  • Boo-Yah: I seem to have gotten a job at an SAT/junior high prep program that pays $35 an hour.

Fail: HELP I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.
  • edited June 2012
    Boo-Yah: I seem to have gotten a job at an SAT/junior high prep program that pays $35 an hour.

Just do as I do, Link.

Fucking wing it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Boo-Yah: I seem to have gotten a job at an SAT/junior high prep program that pays $35 an hour.

Just do as I do, Link.

Fucking wing it.
    This. Test prep (for anything before college) realistically has a minimal, if even detectable, impact on test scores. Just pretend you know what you're doing and you'll be fine.

In the meantime, I'm going to start looking for one of these jobs. I scored a 34 on my ACT, so I think I'm a good candidate.

If all else fails, just actually teach them grammar, so they can ACTUALLY do well on the Reading portion.

• edited June 2012
    Boo-Yah: I seem to have gotten a job at an SAT/junior high prep program that pays $35 an hour.

Fuck you, no. That's more than I make.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on

Yeah, my jaw kind of hit the floor when I got quoted that figure. Well, the work is only 5 hours a week, but still.
  • That's still like, $175 a week. On top of your other work, that's pretty nice.
  • Booyah: Got a Rhino so my space marines are more mobile and safe.
    Fail: faced Grey Knights. Bumrape from a dreadknight deep-striking in on TURN. ONE. ensued.
    Booyah: Got my photo with the Louisville Ghostbusters and a signed Ghostbusters comic.
    Fail: faced Grey Knights. Bumrape from a dreadknight deep-striking in on TURN. ONE. ensued.
    Booyah: Got my photo with the Louisville Ghostbusters and a signed Ghostbusters comic.
    Razorbacks are even better. Get your troops in there quick and safe AND fuck some shit up? Perfect combination, right? SIGN ME UP.

(I have both a Rhino and a Razorback. They're both awesome to have.)

• edited June 2012
    Booyah: Got a Rhino so my space marines are more mobile and safe.
    Razorbacks are even better. Get your troops in there quick and safe AND fuck some shit up? Perfect combination, right? SIGN ME UP.

Doesn't do anything when your enemy can fuck your shit up on turn one. Who has two middle fingers and hates Matt Ward? WE ALL DO!

Edit: Not that I shouldn't be able to handle literally every other army better now. One problem I was having was my tactical squad would get ripped to shreds in short order. and I've got a wizard on a hilltop shooting lightning (librarian)!
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on

Doesn't do anything when your enemy can fuck your shit up on turn one. Who has two middle fingers and hates Matt Ward? WE ALL DO!

Edit: Not that I shouldn't be able to handle literally every other army better now. One problem I was having was my tactical squad would get ripped to shreds in short order. and I've got a wizard on a hilltop shooting lightning (librarian)!
    Should get yourself a Creed. Want a titan to pop out of literally nowhere from behind a rock? CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Should get yourself a Creed. Want a titan to pop out of literally nowhere from behind a rock? CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
    Underneath that scatter die? Company of Land Raiders. Inside that hollow polystyrene hill? Regiment of Krieg Death Kommandos.

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Underneath that scatter die? Company of Land Raiders. Inside that hollow polystyrene hill? Regiment of Krieg Death Kommandos.

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

Having a slash? Baneblade hidden under your left testicle.

CREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!

In high school, I charged $30/hour to tutor local kids in trumpet. Even today, I could easily charge double that. There's money in tutoring.

• Welp, I guess I'm going to be a biology tutor next year.
  • I've tried to tutor kids in history. No one wants it. Probably because I get really mediocre grades, but all my friends say I'm why they get A's.
  • edited June 2012
    LONDON IS AWESOME. GOING TO BATH TOMORROW.
    But dude. Seriously. ElJoe. I've sent you like. Five messages. Hang out with me so you can boost my artificial popularity with cute british boys, damnit! XD
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • Yes I do want Creed, but apparently the primarch of the Grey Knights, Kaldor Draigo, allows THREE units to act like that. So three dreadknights popping up from behind a rock? Yeah, screw that.
  • Well, apparently according to the newest edition of rules, you can squadron up to three Leman Russ so that they count as a single unit. So then you can CREEEEEEED them all at the same time, which is quite fun.
  • edited June 2012
    Yes I do want Creed, but apparently the primarch of the Grey Knights, Kaldor Draigo, allows THREE units to act like that. So three dreadknights popping up from behind a rock? Yeah, screw that.
    Also, Grey Knights can't scout vehicles, so Creed is still your only source of Titans hiding behind Knee-high fences. Or whatever else you like.

Post edited by Churba on
  • When in doubt, CREEEEED.
  • When in doubt, CREEEEED.

• edited June 2012
    I will be an hour late to my Austin anime buddy's meet up, due to the podcasts lasting 2 and 1/2 extra hours and no one was heading straight to the event for me to arrive with. I hope he won't hate me for this...
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Boo-Yah: Finally started playing Portal over the weekend. Beat the normal mode in about 3 hours.
    Fail: Finally started playing that game.

Better late than never I supposed. I actually prefer the game on PC vs 360. I'm more used to WASD vs controllers when it comes to FPSs.