This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• When in doubt, CREEEEED.
    [Assassin's CREEEEED]

Behind that Creed? An entire platoon of Creed. Recursarkar CREEEEEED.

• When in doubt, CREEEEED.
    [Assassin's CREEEEED]

Behind that Creed? An entire platoon of Creed. Recursarkar CREEEEEED.

Only Creed can wash away Creed.
  • Boo yah: Started my new job last week. The company culture is pretty good, and I can bike there in about 10 minutes.
    Fail: We have a legacy website for a client that uses C#. Writing C# feels like pulling teeth, especially for web stuff.
    Boo yah: I convinced everyone in the company to switch over to git, and I'm about halfway towards convincing them to drop Windows Server support entirely.
  • Really? C# is what we use for games.
  • Using ASP or is it a C# program that is taking in actual packets?
  • I really like C#. I don't understand people who don't like it.
    It works with Unity and XNA, which is really helpful. One makes easy 3D games, the other makes easy 2D games.
  • fail: My cell battery is at the end of it's life, I'll have to replace it.
    boo-yah: a new one is $5 shipped to my door.
  • edited June 2012
    So for insurance purposes we're recording videos of all of our "valuables" with how much they're worth/we bought them for/estimated worth. Apparently my collection of 90 Cat Woman comic books has a raw value of $274.

Booyah! I have a comic book collection worth ~$300!

.....O_o... I have a comic book collection worth ~$300

*sobs* I'm such a nerd... FAIL TO BE COOL
    Post edited by BlackVelvetPlease on
  • $300 is one to two orders of magnitude short of being anything to worry about.
  • C# is great, but I guess I would want to know more about the "Web Stuff" you are doing. There are many things for which there are quicker/easier/better tools, depending on the use.
  • We've got a whole wall full of 60s and 70s comics that my mom collected while she was going up. Most of them don't have covers (it was 1/5 the price that way), but they'd still probably be worth a pretty penny.

Fail: The wok at my new apartment is steeper than the one at my old house so my small bamboo steamer is too small to steam 2 bao in at the same time.

Fail: My big steamer is entirely too big and the amount of water necessary not to burn it takes forever to boil.

Boo-yah: Franken-steamer works perfectly. Small one as a base means less water, and the bigger top layer means more food.
  • I don't really have an issue with C#, being a mainly Java guy, but I do agree that it's not my first, or second, or even third choice for doing web stuff.

You should be happy that it's not web stuff written in VB. *shudder*
  • I don't really have an issue with C#, being a mainly Java guy, but I do agree that it's not my first, or second, or even third choice for doing web stuff.

You should be happy that it's not web stuff written in VB. *shudder*
    C# and Java for that matter aren't any of my preferred choices for web stuff. I'd use them for stand-alone apps and rich client apps, but not to power a website. I'd stick to something in the Perl/Python/Ruby/PHP vein for website development unless performance was truly critical. At that point, I'd just say "fuck it" and drop down to C or C++. Even then, I'd only go native for the most performance critical portions of the code. I'm not as familiar with C#, but the Java VM running Tomcat is a real resource pig (it eats up like a gig of RAM here).
  • Fail?: Eye surgery next Wednesday to get a band around my eye to fix my retinal issues.

Boo-yah: Insurance!
  • So for insurance purposes we're recording videos of all of our "valuables" with how much they're worth/we bought them for/estimated worth. Apparently my collection of 90 Cat Woman comic books has a raw value of $274.

please 90 comic books makes you a nerd?
  • edited June 2012
    So for insurance purposes we're recording videos of all of our "valuables" with how much they're worth/we bought them for/estimated worth. Apparently my collection of 90 Cat Woman comic books has a raw value of $274.

please 90 comic books makes you a nerd?
    Babby's first comicks.

Also, you can read comic books and be cool, you know. You can do plenty of really geeky shit and be cool. Vin Diesel loves D&D.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Fail: Pubs are the only place I can go at this hour for free Wifi.
    Boo-yah: Going to pubs as an excuse for Wifi.

MMMmmmmmmm Strawberry and Lime Cider. Being a few cups of wine in doesn't hurt.
  • Fail: I paid $100 for a doll today.

Boo-Yah: This is the doll:
    It's an 18" Merida doll, limited edition of 7000. Hand stitched clothes, velvet cloak, gold embroidery, and hand carved detail on the bow.

Here's another picture:

I regret nothing.
  • I would pay that for an actually accurate Woody doll, twice that for an accurate Buzz Lightyear. Feel no shame.
  • I would pay that for an actually accurate Woody doll, twice that for an accurate Buzz Lightyear. Feel no shame.
    You mean like these:
  • edited June 2012
    I have both of those. They're not actually accurate. Woody has an interactive mode leaps and bounds beyond the possibilites of any toy from the '50s. Buzz is closer, but also has the dreaded interactive mode and has a few physical problems. First, his helmet doesn't close all the way. It also can only close manually, while it is clear from TS1 that one of the breast-buttons activates it (in the scene where Woody accidentally opens the helmet and Buzz nearly asphyxiates.) Also, he lacks Karate Chop Action, as displayed also in TS1 when they are escaping Sid's room for the first time.

Edit: I then bought the Jessie doll knowing this, so I'm not all that bitter.
    Post edited by Greg on
  • That's about as close as you're going to get, though. I will say that I want all of the Toy Story Collection toys.
  • I also have the soldiers and LGMs, who are absolutely perfect. Once I have more money I will get the rest of the collection.
  • While the inciting incident was full of fail, Boo Yah:
    $5000000 ain't a bad figure for Ms. Klien.
  • Booh-Yah: I found what might be a really nice apartment at a convenient distance from campus at an affordable price.

Fail: I need a roommate, and I don't really know many people who need an apartment.
    Failer: There's only like 5 of the apartments left too.

I guess if there's anyone looking for an apartment in the Marquette area on this forum, let me know. Worth a shot.
  • Ugh, random room mates always have the chance of being the crazy.
  • Or really cool. We got a random junior year who was exactly like us.
  • Yeah, it's a crap shoot.
  • Booy-yah: Acquired two casement window air conditioners and one standard window air conditioner for reasonable prices off craigslist.
    Boo-yah: Sold our portable air conditioner that was loud, spat water, and didn't cool all that well.
    Fail: Our windowsills are not standard so installation of ONE of the casement units has now taken two days. Ugh.