This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• edited February 2013
    THE MIGHTY VAN RIDES AGAIN!
    Well, it never really stopped, it just had a few small problems, like being harder to start, and sometimes the throttle would just lock full open until I stopped, got underneath and manually re-set it. Let's face it, it's not like it regularly did that causing a completely unintentional drift halfway around a roundabout. That only happened once.

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited February 2013
    Answer: Both.

Care to try again? Also, I think this might be the wrong thread.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Answer: Both.

Care to try again? Also, I think this might be the wrong thread.
    Yes wrong thread but I still haven't heard of ANY of those news sources, and not heard a peep from the big news organizations. (No Fox doesn't count)
  • Second on the wrong thread, but to Jack's defense, most people I know don't know anything about the Menendez scancal and I'm FROM NJ. Really not a focus of the news. There was actually a segment on NPR last night about how it's been kept off the front pages.
  • I had no idea the Rubio drinking water was front page news...
  • I had no idea the Rubio drinking water was front page news...
  • I dunno why it's front page news, but I will say it was kinda funny. He kept staring at the camera the whole time, like he desperately didn't want people to notice him drinking it.
  • Despite my typo, I think I'm forever going to refer to Marco Rubio as "The Rubio".
  • One difference.

One guy is a dickbag in his personal life (and probably deserves to go to jail), but isn't actively working to make the world worse with his political power.

The other guy is actively working to make the world worse with his political power.
  • Yes wrong thread but I still haven't heard of ANY of those news sources, and not heard a peep from the big news organizations. (No Fox doesn't count)
    You haven't heard of The Atlantic? You haven't heard of PolicyMic or Daily Caller, two of the biggest political news sites on the web? Slate? The Guardian? The Associated press?

Are you actually serious?
    Second on the wrong thread, but to Jack's defense, most people I know don't know anything about the Menendez scancal and I'm FROM NJ. Really not a focus of the news.
    While I get where you're coming from, I'm not sure it's the strongest argument, considering I'm from another country, and I heard about it.
  • edited February 2013
    Oh get off it, pardon the hyperbole. It's not literal front page news, it just clogged up my social media feeds (and I saw a few news posts about it). You know my point is that (anecdotal to me) more people have the impression that some guy Rubio did something dumb than they know some guy named Menendez even exists.

Edit: This could completely bring up the discussion that I know a LOT of dumb people.

Which is true.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Okay yes I've heard of Daily Caller, but not any of those others. So yes, I'm dead serious.
  • edited February 2013
    Okay yes I've heard of Daily Caller, but not any of those others. So yes, I'm dead serious.
    Not even the motherfucking Associated Press!?
    Post edited by Dragonmaster Lou on
  • edited February 2013
    Okay yes I've heard of Daily Caller, but not any of those others. So yes, I'm dead serious.
    So, basically, the reason you didn't hear about it is because you follow the news so little that you are completely unaware of some of the most famous news outlets in the world, and some of the biggest outlets of US political news?

Dude I'm just baffled you've never even heard of the Associated Press or the Guardian, just for two. I mean, sure, PolicyMic I can understand, but fuck's sake, the AP? I have no response to that. It's like trying to talk about cars, but you've never heard of an engine, or wheels.
    Oh get off it, pardon the hyperbole.
    Pardoned, it's a fair point.

Post edited by Churba on

• Dude I'm just baffled you've never even heard of the Associated Press or the Guardian, just for two. I mean, sure, PolicyMic I can understand, but fuck's sake, the AP? I have no response to that. It's like trying to talk about cars, but you've never heard of an engine, or wheels.
    I'd cut him some slack on the Guardian as it is a British paper. I for one never heard of it myself until I got internet access and eventually found links to it on various news sites. Still, there is no excuse for not recognizing the AP.

• Well the AP is more I just pass right over it.
    And why is that?
  • edited February 2013
    Again, I think Prostitution should be legalized and Unionized, and as long as they are not a family value's type I don't care who they have consensual sex with.

Though obviously if they were underage I have a problem. Also, this smells of someone making shit up. So probably doesn't deserve to be front page news until they have more reliable sources.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Again, I think Prostitution should be legalized and Unionized, and as long as they are not a family value's type I don't care who they have consensual sex with.
    Well, what about overseas underaged prostitutes? We have pretty clear laws on "sexual tourism."

And why is that?
    Probably just because in Oral Communication they weren't allowed as a news source for our weekly presentations of current events.
    And why is that?
    Probably just because in Oral Communication they weren't allowed as a news source for our weekly presentations of current events.
    That doesn't make much sense, given how the AP is one of the most respected news sources in the world. Also, many newspapers just get a large chunk of their news from AP feeds instead of actually hiring their own reporters to cover the same news. What were some of the allowed news sources for this class, out of curiosity?
  • edited February 2013
    "CREW said it investigated the allegations, but was unable to prove or disprove them and sent a letter to the U.S. Department of Justice asking for an investigation. A conservative website, The Daily Caller, then published the allegations, which drew more attention after Melgen's offices in South Florida were recently raided by U.S. federal agents. The FBI has declined to say why it searched Melgen's office or whether he is under investigation.

In a series of emails sent to CREW, the person identified as Williams provided names, numbers and an address for some of the alleged prostitutes. The phone numbers are not in service except in one case in which the woman who has the number says she has no connection to any of the parties involved in the allegations and is not a prostitute. The names of the alleged prostitutes in the emails are either nicknames or common and The Associated Press has been unable to locate any of them." Sounds legit.....

The reason I am harping on this, is the difference between the stories, in the cases of other affairs or prostitution cases, the people were caught red handed or someone came forward personally and informed. This stuff smacks of "John McCain's adopted black child is actually from a mistress of his" type stuff.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Fail; I am hideously unfit, its beyond a joke.

Boo-yah: A solid hour on the bike proved that I can still pull some of my old moves.

Fail/Boo-yah: My abbs are like rocks right now.
  • How can you be unfit but still have rock hard abs?
  • They basically all tensed up so it sort of looked like I was super buff, the trade off was really sore abs.
  • Hey, at least you can see your abs. I can't see mine.
  • What are abs
  • What are abs
    Stops the wheels on your car from locking up when you brake hard.
  • This is true.