This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Fail: I went 4 days over my paid time off for the year and will have 4 days pay deducted from my next paycheck.

Boo-Yah: The time I took off was for a lot of freelance video work at 2-4 times what I would have made during those days.

Added Boo-Yah: The paid time off clock resets in March.
  • Fail: Is too cold outside for anyone sane enough run.

Boo-Yah: I guess I am crazy, because I just finished an 11K run while is 30 degrees outside. It feels pretty great ;P
  • edited February 2013
    Fail: I thought I would be working full-time with a new client this week, and netting about $2000.

Boo yah: At least they seem to like me, and they're handing me about 20 hours of work. They have their act together, and they seem like they might be a good long-term client.

Boo yah 2: Boo harder: Other clients' checks should be coming this week, so I'll finally have some nice spending money.

Boo yah with a Vengeance: A company is flying me down to South Carolina to meet with their CTO. It's not the first time I've taken a business trip, but it's the first time I've been flown somewhere for an interview. I hope it goes well, since the job will basically let me work from home and pay me mad monies.

Live Free or Boo yah: I've gotten a lot more comfortable with coding in my free time since I started working from home. Not being tired after a long day at the office definitely helps. Also, effectively free, unlimited coffee (and not paying Manhattan prices for lunch every day).
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • (and not paying Manhattan prices for lunch every day).
    It's called brown bagging it...

Boo-Yah: I guess I am crazy, because I just finished an 11K run while is 30 degrees outside. It feels pretty great ;P
    You are very dedicated, cause it was cold yesterday morning. I was cuddled up in bed. I'm waiting for March to start running again.
  • edited February 2013
    Fail: 8 hours of driving to and from Miami today...

Boo-Yah: For a JET interview!
    Post edited by Ruffas on

You are very dedicated, cause it was cold yesterday morning. I was cuddled up in bed. I'm waiting for March to start running again.
    Dude, if you in Manassas we should totally run together when the weather gets nicer.
  • Appreciate the invite, but I am a slug at the moment. I can't run anywhere as far as you. :P
  • About to get snowed in again, I guess. For a day or two. Kinda fail kinda booyah.
  • PSU in my desktop failed but it was an old 750w that came with the case and didn't cost me anything so no major loss. My system's power consumption calculates to about 440w so a replacement shouldn't be too much. Might go 600w to give myself plenty of headroom.
  • I've had good luck with Corsair power supplies. Havn't had one of them crap out on me in any way, but they are a slight bit more expensive.
  • I've had good luck with Corsair power supplies. Havn't had one of them crap out on me in any way, but they are a slight bit more expensive.
  • I'm a big fan of PC Power and Cooling. Not cheap either, but solid as a rock.
  • In the computer parts business, it's crazy sometimes how big of an upgrade a price difference of $10-$20 can be in terms of warranty, build quality, customer service, etc.
  • edited March 2013
    While my compy is out of order for a week while the new PSU got here (Got a Corsair 600w), I decided to take the stock thermal paste off my GPU and put on some of the fancy diamond stuff I got earlier.

MOTHER OF GOD.. the stuff they put on it is like rock, I've spent 30 mins scrubbing and I'm only just done with the heatsync.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • My personal favorite is Antec, good quality at a reasonable price.
  • If I were to buy a case with pre-included power supply, then I'd probably go with Corsair or Antec myself based on what I've heard about them. PC Power and Cooling, as far as I know, doesn't sell cases and no one uses their PSUs in their own cases. If I needed to get a replacement PSU, however, PCP&C all the way.
  • As a rule of thumb, the PSU included with any case is suspect at best.
  • As a rule of thumb, the PSU included with any case is suspect at best.
    True, although that is less of an issue if the case is made by a well-respected PSU company and includes a PSU by that company.
  • Boo-Yah!!!: Getting close to owning a house.

Fail!!!: The closer I get to winning. The more neurotic I become.
  • My personal favorite is Antec, good quality at a reasonable price.
    I've always used Thermaltake, and never had problems. I've got a Thermaltake Litepower at the moment, and it was super cheap.
  • Booh: It had to happen at some point, but I've finally been chosen for jury duty. This is exciting and I wonder what will come of it.

Fail: This may potentially conflict with an awesome intensive film course that I may be taking at Yale University over the summer (it seems like I may be accepted) and if I can't work something out, I may have to cancel it which would really hurt.
  • Just tell them you are aware of the concept of Jury Nullification and are not against using it in situations where it is appropriate.
  • Oh Laura just got selected for Jury Duty today!, I forgot to tell her to mention Jury Nullification! (figures it is the day she gets back from a cruise and a few days before our yearly convention... Curse you OBAMA ;-p
  • I was selected for this weekend (PAX weekend).

In New York State, you can guaranteed defer your first callup, and even pick the date you want to serve 6+ months from then.
  • I've been old enough for 10 years now. I'm not convinced jury duty actually happens.
  • Going on 15 years and no jury duty summons for me!
  • You guys could actually DO your civic duty instead of looking for ways to get out of it, you know. :P Although the chances are that you'll be eliminated anyway.
  • I was chosen three times only to be told they did not need me, I let the legal system do its thing.
  • You guys could actually DO your civic duty instead of looking for ways to get out of it, you know. :P Although the chances are that you'll be eliminated anyway.
    I'll definitely do it if called, but I'm just saying that right now all evidence I have points to this being a made up thing that people use to get out of work.