This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

My Computer

edited October 2009 in Technology
I find it very, very surprising that there isn't an actual thread for this. And if there is, this one is easier to find.

Be as specific as you want. And I'm talking about the computer you use most often, but feel free to include others you use.

Anyway, my computer isn't that special, and I have talked about it before. Here is a list of the specifics.

-Motherboard: ASUS PT4
-Processor: Intel Pentium 4 @ 1500 MHz
-Memory: 256 MB (Soon to be 1 GB) of RDRAM (Rare Stuff)
-Hard Drives: 3
1) 190 GB
2) 115 GB
3) 115 GB
CD/DVD Drives-
-Sony CD/DVD Burner
-Toshiba DVD ROM
-Operating Systems: Windows XP and Ubuntu (Ubuntu used the most)
-USB Ports:
-1.0: 4
-2.0: 19 in total
-Monitor: Lenovo 19" LCD

So that is pretty much it. I could go into more detail, but I think that's good enough.

Comments

• wow, don't do much gaming I guess :-p
  • wow, don't do much gaming I guess :-p
    No, not if you consider playing old NES and N64 games on the computer gaming. But that could change. I do have a desire to game.
  • Primary? Macbook Pro.

I've got a gaming box from a few years ago (first computer ever bought and assembled by myself, with money I got from working at, yes, a dry cleaners). It has an Athlon FX-60 cpu, 2 gigs ram, a Geforce 8800 GTX gpu, and a fuck-ton of hard drives strapped to it (literally. I've got almost 2 TB total now).
  • Primary Toshiba A75-s209 15.4 in
    Mobile Intel(R) Pentium 4 3.6 GHz (2 CPUs)
    1406MB Ram
    250GB HD
    Radeon 9100 IGP AGP 128MB

Secondary Compaq Presario V2000 13.15"
    Pentium M 1.6ghz (Dothan)
    2GB Ram
    No HD (Ubuntu Live CD)
    Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2
  • Primary
    AMD Athlon 64 x2
    4 GB DDR2 RAM
    ATI HD Somrthing 512mb GPU
    2 1TB HD
    1 1TB external HD
    22" Widescreen monitor
    Windows 7
    7.1 surround

Secondary
    Acer Aspire One
    Intel Atom
    1.5 GB DDR2 (Upgraded from 512mb)
    8GB Flash HD
    2GB Memory expansion.
    Ubuntu Netbook Remix

And then some current consoles, etc
  • AMD Phenom 2.4GHz tri-core
    4GB 800MHz DDR2
    ATI 3870
    600GB SATA HD

1.5TB RAID 1 file server
  • edited October 2009
    I have a black MacBook running Snow Leopard. I should upgrade it next year at the latest, but I'm really holding out for when Apple inevitably announces a tablet laptop.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Primary:
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.1 Ghz
    1 250 GB hard drive
    1 80 GB hard drive
    1 8o GB external hard drive
    Geforce 7300 LE 128 MB
    2 GB RAM (soon to be 4)
    22 inch monitor at 1680 by 1050
    15 inch monitor at 1024 by 768
    Windows 7
    DVD-rom Drive (I don't remember what brand)
    Toshiba DVD-RAM drive.

Secondary:
    Dell Mini 10
    10 inch screen at 1024 by 576
    160 GB hard drive
    1 GB RAM
    1.33 Ghz atom processor
    Windows 7
  • I'm surprised that my computer is so far the most powerful. It's almost two years old.
  • My laptop's not that special. It has a motherboard, a processor, memory, an optical drive of some sorts, these USB ports you mentioned, a touchpad, a power button, keyboard keys with symbols arranged in a to me familiar order, it has a some holes for cables, a screen, hinges to keep the screen in place and a black coloured casing.
  • edited October 2009
    My laptop's not that special. It has a motherboard, a processor, memory, an optical drive of some sorts, these USB ports you mentioned, a touchpad, a power button, keyboard keys with symbols arranged in a to me familiar order, it has a some holes for cables, a screen, hinges to keep the screen in place and a black coloured casing.
    Damn, gotta get me one like that.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Damn, gotta get me one like that.
    It works very well, bought it in a store. They sell more like these. Though sometimes the colour of the casing is different, or shaped a bit different, but don't worry, it'll have all the parts in it and stuff.
  • Primary: Macbook

Secondary: a PC I only use to play NS. Can't remember anything about it now, except the power unit is a bit dodgy, and only powers one hard drive (no DVD or CD drives).
  • PC I only use to play NS.
    You could just run NS on your Macbook. Works fine under WINE in Linux and I remember someone posting on their Twitter that they'd got Steam working in OSX.
  • You could just run NS on your Macbook. Works fine under WINE in Linux and I remember someone posting on their Twitter that they'd got Steam working in OSX.
    Yeah, I got it to work by using CrossOver Games. I just need to get some games for Steam.
  • My laptop is pretty crappy, but it gets the job done, so who am I to complain...

Intel Celeron M
    Processor: 1.4 GHz 1.99 GB of RAM
    34.2 GB Hard Drive
  • Has a virus at the moment, perfect excuse to format and install Win7 and install decent ram.

Its an Intel Mobo Intel core 2 duo 2.66GHz
    Ati HD 4650 1GB
    One 2GB stick of ram (crappy no-name DDR2 333Mhz)
    300GB hard drive
  • Hmmm, next time I have a mouse with my laptop, I'll look into those Wine and Crossover options. Right now I'm in a hotel room in Scotland, and have other things to do.
  • This is my rig. A different choice of graphics card might have been better, but it was a gift so I'm not complaining.

-Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.40 GHz processor
    -4GB RAM
    -NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT graphics card
    -250 GB hard drive
    -20 inch LCD monitor