This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Forum Upgrades

124»

Comments

• Ahhh, but can you write via machine language instructions by flipping logic gates manually?
    Do you know how to properly fire a coal-powered steam generator to get the electricity to power the board?
  • Ahhh, but can you write via machine language instructions by flipping logic gates manually?
    If I have the manual for the machine. It will, admittedly, be very very slow.
  • Do you know how to properly fire a coal-powered steam generator to get the electricity to power the board?
    I can make a generator out of magnets.
  • edited March 2010
    PCI is an ISA, not to be confused with ISA, which PCI replaced. ATA was used until SATA, at which time ATA became PATA, and hardly anyone calls it IDE anymore, though you still have to choose between IDE and AHCI mode.
    Chevrolet's small block V8 used a main journal diameter of 2.30" and rod journal diameter of 1.90" until 1967 when they transitioned to a larger diameters of 2.45" and 2.10" respectively. This allowed them to use cheaper cast cranks where before they had required forged units. All old engines were retrospectively referred to as small journal units and the newer engines referred as large journal units. The large journal remained the standard until the 400 cubic inch which had main journal diameter of 2.65" to allow it to maintain a favorable crank overlap so a cast crank could still be used. Rather than referring to this as the new large journal design, this is referred to as 400 mains. The...ok I've lost interest in this game.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • God, I hate this argument...
  • It's less of an argument, more like us constantly flogging Scott's dead-horse viewpoint.
  • It's less of an argument, more like us constantly flogging Scott's dead-horse viewpoint.
    "whipping noise"

How would I type that?

chipp-isshh!
    Man, who knew so many of us are into flogging?
  • Here's my only beef with how the forum works: Why doesn't the standard Youtube Embed code work? Why do we have to work with the youtube tag? is it just to prevent people from embedding random flash? If So, why? people who are members here are, generally, not assholes. The only thing this prevents is the ability to post video from video sites not included in the list of "Allowed" video tags.
  • edited March 2010
    Why doesn't the standard Youtube Embed code work? Why do we have to work with the youtube tag? is it just to prevent people from embedding random flash? If So, why? people who are members here are, generally, not assholes. The only thing this prevents is the ability to post video from video sites not included in the list of "Allowed" video tags.
    It's basic security. If you have the ability to embed flash or javascript, then you can do some pretty nasty shit. You know like anything form serving up malware, making pop-ups, covering the page with goatses that can't be removed, even stealing user accounts. Is there any site out there that allows users to post any arbitrary javascript/flash in it? If there is, let me know so I can go fuck with them.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Didn't feel this needed a new thread, probably just a one off thing:
    A fatal, non-recoverable error has occurred

Technical information (for support personel):

Error Message
    The connection to the database failed:
    Affected Elements
    MySQL.OpenConnection();
    The error occurred on or near: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet', system error: 104
    For additional support documentation, visit the Lussumo Documentation website at: lussumo.com/docs
  • Is there any site out there that allows users to post any arbitrary javascript/flash in it? If there is, let me know so I can go fuck with them.
    LiveJournal does, at least when you post or comment logged in. I've seen people do the "covering the screen with goatse"-type things before (in this case, it was pages and pages of bacon, and occasionally penises).
  • edited December 2015
    There's a bunch of threads about forum upgrades and this was the easiest one to find on Google. I know it's not the most recent one. Don't hate.

Anyhow, have you guys heard about/thought of using Let's Encrypt? It's pretty easy to set up and free so I think it's a good idea. Scott might poo-poo having to do work on the forum but it would seriously take like 10 minutes or less.
    Post edited by Pegu on