This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2010 Panels

Comments

• Where is the milkman?
    Er.. Is that the regular kind of milk or the exploding dream kind..?
  • Where is the milkman?
    Er.. Is that the regular kind of milk or the exploding dream kind..?
    The regular dream kind.
  • Who's buried in Grant's Tomb?
    When was the War of 1812?
    Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?
    You win, forever.
  • Just submitted a panel. I gotta say the submission form is pretty nice.
  • I have two panels approved for Connecticon! The tentative schedule has me performing "How to not Suck at Pokemon" Friday at 7:30 and "The Changing Faces of Mecha" on Sunday at 1. I now have a very important question to ask, is there anyone who would be willing to let me crash somewhere? Also, what is the best way to get to get to the area from the Baltimore area?
  • Also, what is the best way to get to get to the area from the Baltimore area?
    Your options are 1) drive, 2) amtrak, or maybe 3) megabus?
  • I now have a very important question to ask, is there anyone who would be willing to let me crash somewhere?
    Do you care where you have to stay, or is there no distinction for you?
  • Do you care where you have to stay, or is there no distinction for you
    It doesn't really matter to me, I just need somewhere to stay.
  • Yo Emily, you were saying something about a geek lady panel?
  • *Shrug*
    I'm doing one on "Breaking Otaku Dreams and Reforging Them" about animation, etc. but I'm totally open to the idea of doing a geek feminism panel. I just didn't have any specific plans for it. I could help you do it, but I was until now I have been more focused on the other ideas. I'll totally do the panel, though!
  • Submit your panels by the end of Saturday this weekend if you can, all of you who still want to do them! I plan to fill in the schedule rapidly after Sunday afteroon.
  • Curses, the con hotel is booked, I have to go in the Hilton again.
  • We never stay at the con hotel, because it's freaking mad cheap.
  • Submit your panels by the end of Saturday this weekend if you can, all of you who still want to do them! I plan to fill in the schedule rapidly after Sunday afteroon.
    Will you be emailing those who don't get their panel accepted? Just wondering so I can know if I have to get a badge another way.
  • Will you be emailing those who don't get their panel accepted? Just wondering so I can know if I have to get a badge another way.
    I plan to send all of the remaining confirmations this weekend, probably Saturday.
  • My panel got approved! "Comics to Read, and How to Read Them" with me and Ananth Panagariya (of Johnny Wander and Apple Geeks,) Saturday at noon.
  • SEND ME YOUR PANELS TODAY OR TOMORROW. The longer you wait from this point forward, the worse times you'll get in the schedule. ^_~
  • Rym, just a note, I'm always willing to do fill in panels on "getting involved in conventions/anime club stuff" if you need to fill space (or make sure some crazy person doesn't get a panel) obviously I don't care about running panels since I'll be working your panel rooms most of the convention.
  • edited May 2010
    Eh fuck it, I'm too lazy. I'm still interested in overseeing/helping in any panel rooms, however.
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • Eh fuck it, I'm too lazy. I'm still interested in overseeing/helping in any panel rooms, however.
    You can be emperor of one of the rooms, then. ^_^ Maybe captain. I'm debating cool titles.

Also, you or anyone who's interested, there will be several roundtables, some with guests, many about gaming, that you could sit on.
  • I'm totally down for an anime roundtable.
  • I'm totally down for an anime roundtable.
    How about throwing webcomics in the mix as well?
  • Is there anyone going to Connecticon that would not mind letting me stay with them? I can sleep on a floor and will provide the necessary money as soon as I can.
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2010
    Is there anyone going to Connecticon that would not mind letting me stay with them? I can sleep on a floor and will provide the necessary money as soon as I can.
    Since Ryan has asked this question, I have made plans for him to stay with me and everything has been completely worked out. I did it not only because I was in the area, but also as a personal thank-you for him inviting me to stay with him and 6 (was it 7?) other friends in their room at the Marriott, when I head down to Otakon. However, him and I will be staying in a hostel not too far from the convention center. We both understand that they are not too dissimilar from dorms, but other than that not too much. Is it safe to stay at a hostel? What is it like?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Is it safe to stay at a hostel?
    You will most certainly be killed to death.
    You'll probably be raped first. So... It's not all that bad really.
    You'll probably be raped first. So... It's not all that bad really.
    @_@...only you dude...only you.
  • @_@...only you dude...only you.
    ^_^
  • However, him and I will be staying in a hostel not too far from the convention center. We both understand that they are not too dissimilar from dorms, but other than that not too much. Is it safe to stay at a hostel? What is it like?
    I can only speak for the youth hostels in Japan and New York, but in my experience youth hostels are generally awesome. They range from tiny private rooms to what basically amounts to the bunk-bed rooms at summer camp. You have to be prepared for public facilities, like showers or bathrooms, but the ones I have stayed in were clean, simple, and enjoyable. You will meet interesting people, and often you will be put in a room with others and get a chance to talk to people from around the world.
  • What is it like?
    I've heard you'll become the subject of a really, really, really shitty horror movie.