This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Connecticon 2010 Panels

Comments

• Just to remind everyone, the early bird pre-reg chance lasts until this Sunday. Better pre-reg while you can!
  • So the online program book is available now. Its pretty sweet to have a rough idea of what is going on this year. However I'm somewhat sad to see that the Anime Match Game is not making a comeback this year.
  • However I'm somewhat sad to see that the Anime Match Game is not making a comeback this year.
    No convention, not even ConnectiCon, has given us what we need to run it properly for years, so we've shelved it.
  • edited June 2010
    what do you need?
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • what do you need?
    Guests, prep time with the guests, prep-time for the room, teardown time.

The guests are the problematic part.
  • I'm not surprised to see that it is gone, while they were both awesome the last two years they were also pretty bootleg, considering some shlub from the audience like me was one of the guest 2 years ago.
  • How much is a weekend pass and a day pass Conneticon?
    Did you check the website?
    Did you check the website?
    The incredibly shitty and obtuse web site that nobody with eyeballs should look upon?
  • Yes, that one. And if you actually checked the link, I pointed it to what she was looking for. ~_^
  • Yes, that one. And if you actually checked the link, I pointed it to what she was looking for. ~_^
    I saw that, but I never miss an opportunity to make fun of the shitty Connecticon web site.
  • It is really shitty. :P
  • I was skeptical for a second there regarding its shittyness. Usually when someone says that it's not that bad, but damn is that painful to look at!
  • Because of work, I won't be able to go on Friday and Sunday, but I look forward to seeing you all on Saturday! The schedule looks pretty good. Looking forward to the Bang Your Head panel. How much have you changed it since last year, Pete?
  • How much have you changed it since last year, Pete?
    Changed around some images, expanded some of my points, added a short new section, and I'm in the process of creating my new playlist of properly sized clips. :P
  • It is, indeed a shitty website. Last year when I was registering as a dealer, I checked out the dealers page. You know what it is? A LINK TO THE FORUMS. They cannot be bothered to update the website, so they post the info in a forum thread. >_<;;;;;
  • edited June 2010
    Since there is not a CTCon thread already I'm going to ask here because I'm freaking out.
    When is Connecticon going to take place this year?
    Edit: I'm asking here because the shitty website is non-existent at the moment. At least not to me. (I checked on two different computers.)
    Post edited by Sixthpence on
  • ConnectiCon 2010 will be held the weekend of July 9-11 at the Connecticut Convention Center and Hartford Marriott Downtown.
  • Where the hells is the schedule? Rym says it's up, but I can't find it for the life of me.
  • Where the hells is the schedule? Rym says it's up, but I can't find it for the life of me.
    They posted it somewhere in the forum. Doesn't matter: the guest person just demanded a bunch of changes this morning... I'll post an updated one for you guys tonight.
  • They posted it somewhere in the forum. Doesn't matter: the guest person just demanded a bunch of changes this morning... I'll post an updated one for you guys tonight.
    Ah, your learning that as head of Panels, you are a bitch to the guest department.
  • Ah, your learning that as head of Panels, you are a bitch to the guest department.
    Next year we will turn it around and make them our bitch, or at least remove their ability to fuck with us. Maybe we'll give them a room or two, and they can schedule their own stuff completely separate from us. More likely we can just force them to have a deadline, and if they fuck up, then they get fucked.
  • Well, the way it generally works is that the guest side gives the ops side their panel schedule, and the rest of the panels are scheduled around the guest panels. That avoids the last minute thing.

I fucking hate their website. You know what would be more useful? A white page with a list of links that actually leads to some fucking information. CTcon = ARGH! Why don't they just make the forum the sole website for the con?
  • I fucking hate their website. You know what would be more useful? A white page with a list of links that actually leads to some fucking information. CTcon = ARGH!
    Would you believe the previous web site was worse? I remember being at CTCon a few years ago complaining about the old site, and some guy was bragging how he was the webmaster and he was going to redo it. At the time I said, oh thank god. If I see that guy, dick punch.
    Why don't they just make the forum the sole website for the con?
    Noooooo bad idea. Just setup fucking WordPress.
  • edited June 2010
    Why don't they just make the forum the sole website for the con?
    Noooooo bad idea. Just setup fucking WordPress.
    This is what I use for all of my websites. WordPress is great, but the problem will remain the same: They do not put any of the information on the actual website. They just post it in the forums.

EDIT: What could be good is to give each staff member who is in charge of an area permissions to update the page related to their own stuff. That way they don't have to wait for the Web Guy to do it for them. That's probably why most stuff is posted in the forums.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Next year we will turn it around and make them our bitch, or at least remove their ability to fuck with us. Maybe we'll give them a room or two, and they can schedule their own stuff completely separate from us. More likely we can just force them to have a deadline, and if they fuck up, then they get fucked.
    Unfortunately, the Guest department is usually higher in the pecking order and guests usually take priority over panelists.
  • Unfortunately, the Guest department is usually higher in the pecking order and guests usually take priority over panelists.
    Yeah, they can have priority. They just need to get their shit in order on time, and not do all the work at the last minute. There's no reason it can't all be set in stone well enough in advance.
  • Yeah, they can have priority. They just need to get their shit in order on time, and not do all the work at the last minute. There's no reason it can't all be set in stone well enough in advance.
    Guests are usually the problem :-p
  • Guests are usually the problem :-p
    Since we're not in charge of guests, we can't pressure them directly, but we can indirectly pressure the guest relations people. Every bit helps.
  • BOOO, "Anime One Night Stands" and "Surviving the Robot Uprising" didn't get accepted. :(