This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Atari 5200

edited August 2006 in Video Games
Tuesday's podcast briefly mentioned the fabled 5200. Now, I had one of these growing up, but never knew the history of it until very recently. It was my primary source of gaming pleasure until I begged my way into a NES in the late '80s. To think, I (technically) had a dual-processor gaming machine in my house before I new what a processor was. Hearing it mentioned has reminded me that I need to get my old one hooked back up. I'm curious, however, if anyone else had one of these.

I have fond memories of playing Wizard of Wor, Pitfall!, and Q*bert on that god-awful joystick. It gave you blisters. Fast. The membrane under my number pad (yes, number pad, in case you've never seen one of these things) got all manner of screwed up, prompting me to take one apart and literally superglue aluminum foil to the backs of the buttons so they would properly complete the circuit when pressed.

Good gawds, I miss that machine. I can't wait to go home and hook this thing back up. Thanks for more nostalgia, Rym & Scott.