This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 091104 - Giant Robo

2»

Comments

• I do not know what you guys are talking about. Giant Robo is an awesome anime and has great story telling, animation, and music. Fist of the North Star is enjoyable because of how crazy awesome it is. Thanks to FOTNS I learned to live without regrets!
  • edited December 2009
    Early or mid twenties currently? I'm just saying a lot of shows that the Crew didn't enjoy in their early 20's they are now enjoying in their late 20's and early 30's (Fist of the Northstar and the like).
    Early twenties. Out of curiosity, what do you think happens in those years that makes these shows (Giant Robo, Fist of the Northstar, etc.) become more enjoyable?
    I don't know, it's not a universal trend, just one I noticed especially with Rym and I, however it could be that we need it to counterblance our normal more sophisicated tastes or it could be the normal trend the crew has of liking it "in jest" and then finding themselves liking it actually.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • So, we just finished this in club a couple days ago. I just have one question.

What the hell did I just watch?
  • What the hell did I just watch?
    An epic operatic setpiece that begins and ends in media res.
  • Seriously. I need to know what is up with Big Fire. Left so wanting.
  • Having re-listened to this episode after watching GR in it's proper fullness, I have to say a few things:

1) I don't know if I just have a terrible ear for music, or if I'm right, but I agree with Scott on the music.
    2) I take it you couldn't get the rights to Sanctuary, Rym.
    3) "What did you expect me to do?" was one of the best scenes in the show.
    4) I think what makes this show work so well in the end is that the bad guy wins. He gets what he wants. Only, what he wants isn't what you think he wants, and that just takes it up to this really cool level.
  • If you guys like Giant Robo, then Shin Mazinger Z is going to be epic on so many levels :O
  • Finished watching Giant Robo, anyone know where to watch theGin Rei (OAV) and GR -GIANT ROBO?

But actually, are they worth watching?