This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

ACTA Treaty

2»

Comments

• a1sa1s
    edited October 2011
    Posted By: WindUpBirdRead ALL of the first six paragraphs. It's been signed. That literally wasn't there yesterday.
    I expect you've all written your senators telling them that you're displeased with the whole affair.
    To be honest, I'm not even sure who to write for this one. I know we have 6 representatives in the EU parliament, but due to my 'apolitical views' (i.e.: I'm an idiot, who doesn't care about his own county. Worse still, I vote (so apolitical and a hypocrite).) I'm not sure who of them, if anyone, would be in a position to affect this. :\
    Post edited by a1s on
  • a1sa1s
    edited October 2011
    doublepost (can I delete this somehow?)
    Post edited by a1s on
  • Read ALL of the first six paragraphs. It's been signed.
    That literally wasn't there yesterday.
    The part about the September 27th signing ceremony was.
    Wasn't. And isn't still. Signing ceremony was on October 1st. You can check, if you want.
    Wasn't. And isn't still. Signing ceremony was on October 1st. You can check, if you want.
    Right, sorry, the announcement of the signing ceremony was the 27th, and that was on Wikipedia. I apologize for my lack of surgical precision.
  • edited October 2011
    I submit that there is an easy solution... but I also know that it would cause more trouble than it's worth. If this does get enacted, the underground community will just get sneakier. Encrypted traffic will become the norm, and underground networks of localized 'information traders' will spring up. They can try to stop the flow of information, but they never will.
    Post edited by Sir_Xander on
  • I submit that there is an easy solution... but I also know that it would cause more trouble than it's worth. If this does get enacted, the underground community will just get sneakier. Encrypted traffic will become the norm, and underground networks of localized 'information traders' will spring up. They can try to stop the flow of information, but they never will.
    It'll be an interesting day when you can go into a back alley and talk to a specific type of hacker to arrange a specific type of task. Tunnelers, crackers, rooters, they'll all have their own expertise as specific areas increase "security." They'll be like Black Jacks of digital surgery.
  • Can't stop the signal.