This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

San Diego Comic Con 2010

edited November 2009 in Manga/Comics
As was brought up a bit ago in the Gabbly chat, anyone going to San Diego Comic Con this year? I know it's very early, but 4-day badges are almost sold out. I just bought mine. (I may be able to get a free pro badge when pro registration opens and get a refund on the one I just bought -- here's hoping.) If anyone else ends up going, I'd be super into meeting up.

Comments

• I didn't realize it wasn't until July...I might do this.
  • My friends talked a lot about wanting to do it this year. It may happen.
  • It may happen.
  • I wish it could happen. 2011 for sure! I'll just have to not do another con.
    Is San Diego worth it for you? It's a loooooooooooong trip. I'd think that maybe New York Comic-con would be just as good.
    Is San Diego worth it for you? It's a loooooooooooong trip. I'd think that maybe New York Comic-con would be just as good.
    True, but I never been west before. I always wanted too.

Sigh...If I known David Tenant was there this past one I would've went. DAVID TENANT! 10th doctor! Ah~!
  • edited November 2009
    I'm not sure if I'll be going again next year or not. Of course, by the time I have things figured out all of the badges may be sold out already, considering how fast they're selling.

Viga- I can't tell you how disappointed I was when it turned out that David Tennant was there on one of the days I didn't have a pass for. If only I had bought my passes earlier! I also wound up missing out on several panels I wanted to attend, but I think being able to meet Neil Gaiman (if only briefly) made up for it.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • 4-day badges are already sold out, so it's probably out of the question for anyone out-of-town. :(
  • Ok, so take this with an extreme grain of salt, but I heard that Comic-con might be moving to Anaheim. Anyone hear anything about this?
  • Ok, so take this with anextremegrain of salt, but I heard that Comic-con might be moving to Anaheim. Anyone hear anything about this?
    I heard a bit about this on Webcomics Weekly, though they were pretty skeptical, as this is apparently a rumor that's been going around for a while. (Comicon moving, I mean, I don't know about to Anaheim specifically.) Anaheim still sucks, but at least it's a hell of a lot closer to me than San Diego. Though if it's going to move, I'll probably be in Portland by then anyway, so it's a moot point.

Eh. :)
  • Item #1 - Moto Hagio is reportedly going to Comic-Con this year. Oh shit.

Item #2 - SDCC has to either move, or cease growth. If it wants to move, the only places it can go are Anaheim and Vegas as those are the only convention centers which are bigger than what they have now.

The extremely small supply of large convention centers pretty much dictates what conventions will be held in which places. CES isn't in Vegas because they like it, but because they have to. If I were a mayor of an East coast city, I would try to build a convention center at least as big as the Vegas one to force conventions to come to my town.