This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

IDShare 2.0 Beta

13»

Comments

• I fixed a bug that was preventing keys from being deleted when they had no IDs left. Also, Keys now have popularity scores, and are sorted as such. Also, I've got some designers who might be helping me out soon, so expect better looks.
  • The editing form is now AJAXy. The only form left that isn't AJAXed is the one on the key listing page. I should have that set by Thursday.

Are there any other things people want me to work on?

If not, the next thing I'm going to add are categories/tags. This will make it easy for people to add, say, friend codes for every Wii game without cluttering everything up because it will go under the Wii category.
  • Is there a way you can re-activate my account? I completely forgot to follow the activation link in the e-mail I received (a million years ago), and now the account I set up is disabled.
  • Is there a way you can re-activate my account? I completely forgot to follow the activation link in the e-mail I received (a million years ago), and now the account I set up is disabled.
    I have activated you. You can just login.

I guess that adds reactivation and forgot password type functionality as the next thing I should add.
  • The "You just added a key- blah blah blah" message shouldn't be red; it makes me think that something error'd out.
  • I just tried creating an account with ProfPangloss as the username, it gave me an I AM ERROR message. I try logging in, it says the account is inactive. No email. What do?
  • I just tried creating an account with ProfPangloss as the username, it gave me an I AM ERROR message. I try logging in, it says the account is inactive. No email. What do?
    Ok, I activated you manually. I guess there's a problem with the server sending out e-mails. E-mail just sucks. I'll fix it for reals after all these cons are over.
  • I guess there's a problem with the server sending out e-mails.
    It's been a problem for a long time. We also get the error when we authorize new forumites, and my wordpress never sends email anymore. ^_~
  • edited March 2010
    It's been a problem for a long time. We also get the error when we authorize new forumites, and my wordpress never sends email anymore. ^_~
    It's not my fault that every e-mail server in the world sucks donkey balls and requires a rocket scientist to configure properly. Tell people to stop using e-mail. I'll send all messages by XMPP instead.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Alternately, you could start training doves. FRC DovNet?
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes barreling down the highway.
    Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes barreling down the highway.
    0kB/s... 0kB/m... 0kB/day... 50tB/week!
  • Ok, I moved IDShare to a different server. If you try to visit it and get sent to frontrowcrew.com, just wait a few hours for the DNS change to propagate. It's not heavily used, so I doubt this will affect anybody.
  • IDShare should be sending out e-mails properly again. In fact, everything should be sending out e-mails properly again. I have fixed all the emails for the forum, and such and such. This is mostly only important for verification during the registration process.

I also went into IDShare and activated all accounts. If you had tried to register, and never got a registration e-mail, don't worry about it. Just go and login, and it should work.