This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Chrome OS

edited November 2009 in Technology

Comments

• Hello World from the Chrome OS!
  • edited November 2009
    DO WANT HOLY DAMNS DO WANT.

...Sorry about the outburst. But I must say, this looks dandy. How do I obtain it?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • How do I obtain it?
    Blood sacrifice.
  • My my, a glimpse of the FRC "secret" forum.
  • edited November 2009
    How do I obtain it?
    Blood sacrifice.
    The fact that you're taunting us with this is sick. Nay, disgusting.

I guarantee I'll buy a fully solid-state netbook as soon as this comes out, especially knowing that the OS is built on X.org (Google + Linux apps = awww yeah). With a GSM/3G modem, a ChromeOS netbook is basically Spider Jerusalem's laptop from Transmet.

Every day, Google comes a little bit closer to completely redefining how humanity operates...
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The Garden of Gaokerena indeed.
  • VMware image
    Silence!

Blood in, blood out.
  • VMware image
    Silence!

Blood in, blood out.
    *Slices open palm*

Mrrrrm..."WindUpBird" is taken as a username pretty much everywhere. Goddamnit.
  • Mrrrrm..."WindUpBird" is taken as a username pretty much everywhere. Goddamnit.
    Incomprehensible combinations of sounds you like FTW.
  • VMware image
    Silence!

Blood in, blood out.
    You're a blood mage? That's forbidden!
  • edited November 2009
    My my, a glimpse of the FRC "secret" forum.
    It's not that interesting, the arguments are usually what day are we going to have the game and what location are we going to have a party and whether dogs can be brought or not... Literally the internal forums exist so Rym never has to use facebook or ever call anyone :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Literally the internal forums exist so Rym never has to use facebook or ever call anyone :-p
    Damn. I need one of those.
  • Damn. I need one of those.
    It's called facebook, it's easier.

As for Chrome OS, kudos to Google for making it, but I have no use for a computer that only browses the internet. The trend with netbooks has been that they're getting more computer like and this seems to want to rewind things to when they first came out and no one liked them. I see the value in this on a netbook with built in verizon mobile internet, but nothing else. Neat, but not for me.