This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hard to Find Music

edited November 2009 in Everything Else
Have you ever tried to find a piece of music of the internet that continually eluded you? I have tried and tried to find Tankobushi by Kyu Sakamoto, but I simply can't find it. I think I'm going to eventually have to buy it on vinyl and then record it onto a CD.

What other pieces of music are hard to find? Do you have any good stories about how you eventually found them?

Comments

• I just thought about this question for a few minutes and finally realized that I am now one of those people who listen to music that is so new that I'm often the one to put it on the internet if it's not there already. I buy a good amount of my music these days, so I have not had the problem of having to scour the internet for rarities or obscurities for quite a long time.
  • LaVern Baker did a song called Batman that was pretty much a knockoff of Jim Dandy with Batman as the hero instead of Jim Dandy. I feel like I've turned the internet upside down for that song, but it's another that I'll probably have to get on vinyl. This particular song is even rare on vinyl.

Has anyone ever had any luck recording music from internet radio?
  • LaVern Baker did a song calledBatmanthat was pretty much a knockoff ofJim Dandywith Batman as the hero instead of Jim Dandy.
    This isn't it, is it?
  • edited November 2009
    The score to the Saint Soundtrack composed by Graeme Revell. I only found the 3 songs I really wanted via Ares. They are the love theme from The Saint. I had a fixation on that movie and the music with it for quite some time. I really adore the background music to many movies, but The Saint is one of my favorites.

If I tried a bit harder, I probably could find the whole thing.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • LaVern Baker did a song calledBatmanthat was pretty much a knockoff ofJim Dandywith Batman as the hero instead of Jim Dandy.
    This isn't it, is it?
    That's the right title. I just need to get to a proper computer and try to download it. Jeez, if it's totally the right song, I'll be both happy to have it and sad that someone else found it so quickly.
  • That's the right title. I just need to get to a proper computer and try to download it. Jeez, if it's totally the right song, I'll be both happy to have it and sad that someone else found it so quickly.
    I looked up that Jim Dandy song and this song matches your comparison. It took me all of .31 seconds to find on Google, so I don't know what you've been doing all this time.
  • That's the right title. I just need to get to a proper computer and try to download it. Jeez, if it's totally the right song, I'll be both happy to have it and sad that someone else found it so quickly.
    I looked up that Jim Dandy song and this song matches your comparison. It took me all of .31 seconds to find on Google, so I don't know what you've been doing all this time.
    Looking for it on Frostwire, waiting on a torrent of the album it was on, Batmania, to download, and searching for the individual song and Lavern Baker albums from Isohunt and Pirate Bay.

I googled the song by way of Mediafire, and it didn't come up. Quite frankly, I've always been a little suspicious of sites like the one you linked to because they look a little shady to me, so if I got a hit leading to one of those, I ignored it. The only reason I'm going to try out your link is because you linked to it and I trust you. Always before, however, I would just ignore a site like that.
    This isn't it, is it?
    Okay, I looked at the link from a real computer. I've seen this site before. Maybe I'm not getting something, but I want to actually have the song, not just listen to it. I know a couple of places where I could just listen to it. Just being able to listen doesn't really add any value.

Maybe I'm missing something. I tried to save the song by saving it as a target, but it didn't work. Can songs from this site be saved directly to a drive? Please forgive me if this question seems stupid to you. Also, I very much appreciate you linking to the site. Thank you.
    edited December 2009
    Okay, I looked at the link from a real computer. I've seen this site before. Maybe I'm not getting something, but I want to actuallyhavethe song, not just listen to it. I know a couple of places where I could just listen to it. Just being able to listen doesn't really add any value.
    There should be a captcha thing to the right which will allow you to download it. It works since I downloaded that song.

EDIT: To clarify, fill in the captcha, click the download, then you get a hyperlink which you have to right-click > save as.
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited December 2009
    I got it! Thanx.

Still can't find Tankobushi . . .
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Still can't findTankobushi. . .
    It's not on What.cd, so it's probably just not on the internet.
  • Still can't findTankobushi. . .
    It's not on What.cd, so it's probably just not on the internet.
    Yeah. The internet has failed me on this one.
  • edited December 2009
    Getting music from the band Toe, or Allan Holdsworth's stuff took me months to find.

Everyone should listen to Toe...I want their full discography.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on