This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

OpenTTD: ZOMG TRAINS!!1

edited December 2009 in Video Games
From the WIKIOpenTTD is an open source clone of the Microprose game Transport Tycoon Deluxe (TTD). As president of a start-up transportation company in 1950, you have a choice of building rail, road, air and maritime transportation routes to build up your transportation empire. Outsmart your competition by beating them to attractive passenger and commodities routes to become the game's highest-ranking transport company by the year 2050.
Do you have a hard on for steam trains or logistical nightmares?
Additonally, OpenTTD features multiplayer aspects, which allows for up to 255 players to complete or play co-cooperatively in 16 different companies. I think it would be great to get a server up and running and playing a game with the forum as a whole. The game would be pretty easy to run on even the most technologically challenged computers these days and we could probably get a good group going. Anyone else interesting in trying this out in the near future (read: after my finals FUUUUUUUUUUU)?

Comments

• I played this in the past, it's rather boring if you ask me. The only interesting thing imho was the spriting done by people to recreate various train stations found in the world.