This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Man "Beats" World of Warcraft

edited December 2009 in Video Games
Man Beats World of Warcraft

What else needs be said?

Comments

• I didn't even know one had that much time in one's life...
  • What does this show? That one guy has a lot of time and nothing else to do? I'm not seeing the point.
  • edited December 2009
    Kudos to him.
    Exactly. I agree with the Destructoid article.
    He's a WoW player. He will probably achieve nothing else in life. Let the man have this.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited December 2009
    So, what now? That's sort of like beating the Internet, really.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • The quote I was going to say was the first quote in the article comments. It's so true.
  • So, what now?
    Wait for the next expansion maybe take a shower.
  • I was of the mind that the only way to win at WoW was not to play.
  • Why do you people keep saying that he'll probably do nothing in his life? Where do you get off with that, condemning this man for the rest of his life because he plays a game a lot?
  • Why do you people keep saying that he'll probably do nothing in his life? Where do you get off with that, condemning this man for the rest of his life because he plays a game a lot?
    Truth, I play WoW, yet somehow I helped run a convention, ran for local office, changed jobs, have a girlfriend, own a home and play other games, read and excerise... Take that losers :-p
    Truth, I play WoW, yet somehow I helped run a convention, ran for local office, changed jobs, have a girlfriend, own a home and play other games, read and excerise... Take that losers :-p
    Exactly.

You also have to remember that this is coming up because WoW has this data easily available. Think of what other people would look like if every game was recorded like this. Scary fucking shit.
    Ever minute he plays this game, is a minute he doesn't do something else. Beating the game requires so many hours, it is unlikely he has spent his time doing much else. Even if he stopped playing and tried to do worthwhile things, he probably doesn't have ability to do them well. Though, he'd probably make a really great factory worker if they created some sort of achievement structure.
  • edited December 2009
    Why do you people keep saying that he'll probably do nothing in his life? Where do you get off with that, condemning this man for the rest of his life because he plays a game a lot?
    Ever minute he plays this game, is a minute he doesn't do something else. Beating the game requires so many hours, it is unlikely he has spent his time doing much else. Even if he stopped playing and tried to do worthwhile things, he probably doesn't have ability to do them well. Though, he'd probably make a really great factory worker if they created some sort of achievement structure.
    .... WILL NOT GET INTO THIS ARGUEMENT AGAIN.....Haven't we discussed this enough in terms of what is or isn't worthwhile..
    Post edited by Cremlian on
    Think of all the time you've spent playing NS, TF, or whatever.
  • Ever minute he plays this game, is a minute he doesn't do something else.
    You could say this about all games though. Frankly you could say it about most things in general.

Ever minute he VERB this NOUN, is a minute he doesn't do something else.
  • Man Beats World of Warcraft

What else needs be said?
    "A strange game.. the only way to win is not to play."?
  • Think of all the time you've spent playing NS, TF, or whatever.
    You won't be saying that when the aliens come.
  • You won't be saying that when the aliens come.
    Cause those mouse clicking skills are going to come in real handy when they you hand you a M16.
  • edited December 2009
    Cause those mouse clicking skills are going to come in real handy when they you hand you a M16.
    He'll just grab the flintlock, build an obs, an armory, a few turrets, weld his door shut, and turtle up in his bedroom with plenty of comic books.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • edited December 2009
    Either that or he is 15 people playing around the clock as one. All separate, but one, linked by the chaos of the internet, finding solace in the character they forge for each other. All the topic of my new book, for which I forged a new genre, I call it cyber ultra-new romance (because someone already stole the term New Romance)
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • I didn't mean the NS aliens. I mean the aliens that will come and challenge us in some competition, which we must win in order to prevent them from destroying the Earth. You know, just like Space Jam, Rasslor (Monkee->Dexter's lab), Bokurano.

If they come, challenging us to a game of Quake is a definite possibility, challenging us to WoW, not so much.
  • edited December 2009
    If they come, challenging us to a game of Quake is a definite possibility, challenging us to WoW, not so much.
    Really..? I mean, really..
    That's like saying the next time I open my wardrobe, finding brunette redhead in there is much more likely than finding a girl with black hair.

(If I'm going to tempt fate, I may as well tempt it properly.)
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • So which MMORPG should he start on now?
  • edited December 2009
    ...challenging us to WoW, not so much.
    I dunno. Considering WoW is the single most common game that people play nowadays.

Think of an Alien race coming down from the heavens to challenge us to a giant PvP Warcraft war. I'm sure all of their characters would be Dranei, and all of their gear would be hacked into the game.

-----

If anything, I could imagine us Humans being forced to control NS-style characters to combat the alien race, a la Ender's Game.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • That's like saying the next time I open my wardrobe, findingbrunetteredhead in there is much more likely than finding a girl with black hair.
    If this works, I'm buying your wardrobe.
  • No way Venture, at that point they might as well get on with destroying us. If they challenge us to anything it'll be something with a high skill cap, such as Quake.
  • He has to keep going until the game shuts down to finish it.
  • edited December 2009
    What's the difference between getting 10 achievement points in 100 different games, versus getting 1,000 points in one? Nothing.

I'm assuming that this guy spent a TON of time playing WOW, but how is this any different than the countless people who spend a TON of time playing a greater number of games? (And don't tell me that variety makes a huge difference.) Both should get out, make real-life friends, and feel some sunshine.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • What's the difference between getting 10 achievement points in 100 different games, versus getting 1,000 points in one? Nothing.
    No, 1000 points in one game will generally take very much longer than 1000 points across 100 games.
  • What's the difference between getting 10 achievement points in 100 different games, versus getting 1,000 points in one? Nothing.
    You're right, but at the same time WoW does have some crazy and stupid achievements. For example, there are achievements for completing long strings of events that only happen during certain times of the year. I definitely agree that anyone who is this obsessed with achievements should get outside, but getting every achievement in WoW is significantly more crazy that getting every achievement in your average Xbox game.